Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 01:59 AM
Planar Protector

You are relying on the enemy to hit you to make you stand?
Old 05-11-2020, 07:00 AM
Sarnak

/target self
/doa #
/stand

works great for me. if i get "cant bandage npc" error, just hit it again and it works
Old 05-11-2020, 07:29 AM
Planar Protector

Self-bandaging in combat isn't classic and don't expect it to stay in game forever.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's what I was thinking. Bad idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Self-bandaging in combat isn't classic and don't expect it to stay in game forever.
I agree. I have never seen any evidence it was classic. On live when you got hit you stop bandaging. It's plagued this server for too long IMO, just like sneak pulling did.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimstrike [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I also agree around lvl 10, the Scarabs are easy to solo and so are the 3 goblin warriors in that camp you mentioned. Sometimes you will find a Necro soloing the female dwarf at the hut near the road and she drops a Bronze 2h axe, so you may get lucky if they give one away (same at the BB docks). Hunting the 2 ogres can be a pain solo without a decent weapon, since Zarchoomi will light you up, interrupt her and hope you get the Bloodforge armor piece you seek on the first turn-ins

Happy hunting. It may also be worth the time around lvl 10 to get in a CB Trainer camp group for a chance to roll on the Shiny Brass Shield (it is a good light source and having a shield is not a bad idea early on).
Heya Grim, I should have been a little more descriptive at the top of the guide--"Solo Self-Found" means that you are not grouping or trading with other people. So the guide is made in the perspective that you do not intend to group or make choices around what you could trade with other people for progress. That's why things like your suggestion were omitted.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, It just makes me stand automatically. Just try it
Old 05-11-2020, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Doesn't work for me. My character won't stand until it is hit or finished bandaging. That stops it from being able to attack.

Obviously you want to stand as soon as you start bandaging so you can keep meleeing as soon as possible, whilst still bandaging.

If you don't have to bother with a /stand, that is interesting and I guess lucky you. Must be a slight client difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Many of these skills aren't quite classic.

On live, for a long time, you had to stand to fish. There was a choice that had to be made between increased regen med or catching fish. I do remember you could fish while strafing and while rowing though.
Old 05-11-2020, 04:18 PM
Sarnak

A+ post
Old 05-11-2020, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heya Grim, I should have been a little more descriptive at the top of the guide--"Solo Self-Found" means that you are not grouping or trading with other people. So the guide is made in the perspective that you do not intend to group or make choices around what you could trade with other people for progress. That's why things like your suggestion were omitted.
I like that you're pioneering a new term here, but I wonder if "Solo Self-Found" describes it best.

What about "True Solo"? "Complete Solo"? "100% Solo"? "Alone Solo"? "No Other Player Solo"? Or does anyone else want to chime in with a suggestion?

"Solo Self-Found" makes it sound like you found Jesus while soloing or something [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-11-2020, 05:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like that you're pioneering a new term here, but I wonder if "Solo Self-Found" describes it best.

What about "True Solo"? "Complete Solo"? "100% Solo"? "Alone Solo"? "No Other Player Solo"? Or does anyone else want to chime in with a suggestion?

"Solo Self-Found" makes it sound like you found Jesus while soloing or something [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It comes from the game Path of Exile (think of it as a spiritual successor to Diablo 2). There are several "leagues", one of which being "Solo Self-Found" (SSF), or "Solo Self-Found Hardcore" (SSFHC).

I'm also not super dogmatic about the principles behind it, just in general to not group for XP and only use gear you found / quested for / crafted.

So things like "100% Solo" or "No Other Player Solo" is slightly misleading to how I play it in EQ--I accept things like Binds and buffs besides thorns so long as it's just someone being nice. If I get the sense they're sort of trying to powerlevel me I ask them to stop, but I think the occasional random buff / assistance from other players is an organic part of EverQuest.

It would simply be too much of a hassle to constantly stop asking people to not buff me or to not intervene in my kills if they think I need help, I just never ask for these things.
Closed Thread