Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 11:51 AM
Sarnak

keep a stack of 20 on you. You'll want them ever now and then when taps didn't get you healed, low mana or trying to stay alive while a poison runs its course.
Old 05-31-2020, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Late to this thread but after a wipe.. The people who could bind wound really sped up recovery time in my opinion. Mana could be used on buffs instead of light heals.

Get your guilds raid shaman to canni below 50%/70% and bind their wounds to speed up buffing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-24-2020, 11:05 AM
Sarnak

As a shammy on green I was main healer (we had no cleric) in my SolB royals group the other day and let me tell you, the amount my group helped with bind wounds to my Canni was insane. I was turbo-canni with my spyglass and they were keeping me fed between pulls.

Agree with the guy above, learn Bind Wound today!
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 06-24-2020, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a shammy on green I was main healer (we had no cleric) in my SolB royals group the other day and let me tell you, the amount my group helped with bind wounds to my Canni was insane. I was turbo-canni with my spyglass and they were keeping me fed between pulls.

Agree with the guy above, learn Bind Wound today!
I actually get annoyed with Shammys that Canni themselves to the fringe of death, because I'm usually expending my mana to try and get them back to an acceptable health range. I can see Canni being a good thing to have in dire situations where a Shaman needs mana right fucking now, but for a normal group setting where there's a steady and stable flow of pulls and experience, it just seems like it's asking for trouble if the Shaman is low on health and something goes wrong with a pull or a train. Canni is something I would reserve for emergencies only.

Is Meditation really not enough for a Shaman under normal circumstances?
Old 06-24-2020, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Don't reward bad behaviour.

If a shaman drops his hp low enough to draw low hp aggro and die thats a learning experience for them. Don’t be cruel and deprive them of that.

I suggest you should only be healing canni damage if you have a massive excess of mana and nothing else to spend it on.
Old 06-24-2020, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't reward bad behaviour.

If a shaman drops his hp low enough to draw low hp aggro and die thats a learning experience for them. Don’t be cruel and deprive them of that.

I suggest you should only be healing canni damage if you have a massive excess of mana and nothing else to spend it on.
I wish poker was the same way. No'limit Holdem always seems to reward the bad play (I.E shoving all in with KJ off) and punish the good play (slow-playing a set on the flop).
Old 06-24-2020, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually get annoyed with Shammys that Canni themselves to the fringe of death, because I'm usually expending my mana to try and get them back to an acceptable health range. I can see Canni being a good thing to have in dire situations where a Shaman needs mana right fucking now, but for a normal group setting where there's a steady and stable flow of pulls and experience, it just seems like it's asking for trouble if the Shaman is low on health and something goes wrong with a pull or a train. Canni is something I would reserve for emergencies only.

Is Meditation really not enough for a Shaman under normal circumstances?
1. Regeneration doesn't work at 100% HP. Before you get Torpor, Shamans should always be cannibalizing to keep themselves under 100% HP. This keeps your HP Regeneration active all the time. This also means you get more Mana regeneration, because you are gaining Mana from Cannibalize.

2. When you are standing and casting spells, you cannot Meditate. This is one reason why Cannibalize is so overpowered. In MOST cases, HP regeneration is higher when standing than Mana regeneration. This is because there are more options for HP regeneration, and HP regeneration items/spells tend to have higher values than their Mana regeneration counterparts.

3. I agree that Shamans shouldn't Cannibalize past a certain % health for safety reasons. 40-50% is my suggestion. If a Shaman is going down to 20% on purpose, they are certainly doing it wrong. The obvious exception here is an emergency situation. If the Shaman is out of mana, but a heal/slow/root could save the group from wiping, then cannibalizing down lower is a reasonable strategy.

4. Let me give you some maths. An Ogre Shaman without Torpor can get +30 HP Regeneration per tick at level 35 with https://wiki.project1999.com/Fungus_Covered_Scale_Tunic and https://wiki.project1999.com/Fungi_Covered_Great_Staff .

At level 35, the best Mana Regeneration you could get is +1 from https://wiki.project1999.com/Choker_of_the_Wretched and roughly +5 or +6 Mana regeneration from Clarity given by an enchanter in the same level range. This means you are looking at +6 to +7 Mana Regeneration at best.

That means you can get 4 times the HP Regeneration as Mana Regeneration. Cannibalize is roughly 2 HP for 1 Mana. This means you can convert your 30 HP Regeneration to roughly 15 Mana Regeneration whenever you want. 15 is DOUBLE what you could get from Clarity and Flowing Thought I.

Fungi Staff and Fungi Tunic are WAY cheaper combined than Choker, and having Clarity all the time requires having a dedicated enchanter friend. HP Regeneration is far superior number wise, and doesn't require another class to buff you.

5. The reason why Shamans Cannibalize in groups is because a good Shaman is buffing, debuffing, rooting, and healing. If they can sustain their Mana, Shamans can also do some damage with DoTs. This takes a LOT of mana. With Cannibalize, Shamans can cast way more spells than any other class before they are required to stop. This is one of the reasons why Shamans are so great in groups. They can do a lot of things, and they can do those things more often.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-24-2020 at 12:06 PM..
Old 06-24-2020, 11:50 AM
Sarnak

Also, FWIW, as a shaman I always get annoyed when people spend mana to try to heal me while I'm chewing my arm off [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It wouldn't be efficient for me to canni myself and then spend that mana healing myself, so I don't like taxing others' mana either, unless they have a surplus for whatever reason. But Bind Wound with a mage in group summoning bandaids is a different story. This was also with me being Main Healer of a group and responsible for buffs as well. So yeah, my mana bar was always in danger.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 06-24-2020, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

What about for a Paladin? I know they can go up to 210 but I already have my spells for healing, especially now that I have Divine Purpose, an HP Regen spell. Is it still worth learning Bind Wound as a Pally?

I'm willing to invest in an Embalmers Knife if that's the case.
Old 06-24-2020, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about for a Paladin? I know they can go up to 210 but I already have my spells for healing, especially now that I have Divine Purpose, an HP Regen spell. Is it still worth learning Bind Wound as a Pally?

I'm willing to invest in an Embalmers Knife if that's the case.
I am not a Paladin expert, so I could be wrong. My assumption here would be it depends on your level and access to clickies. Under level 45, Bind Wound is probably a great skill to learn, since it saves mana on heals. Embalmers Knife procs at low levels, so you will get a lot of mileage out of it until you can get your clickies at 45+.