Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 09-26-2022, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Default [s]RnF[/s] Snivelling and Grovelling

Hi Loramin!

As a shaman of The Tribunal, you must know better than anyone that Justice is blind.

Even outside your Everquest character, I have always respected the integrity you maintain.

I come to you today, grovelling and snivelling, to beg of you to go against your integrity and forgive me of a terrible crime I committed two years ago, which has finally caught up with me.

Two years ago in April, the malign forces of Bertox and Cazic Thule brought sickness and fear to the realms. On one late night during that time their psychic attack overcame me and uncharacteristically I let my mischievous hobbit ways get the better of me.

In the sickness of my mind, a prank came to life in my mind - the wiki to which we all contribute, maintain and love so dearly became a powerful weapon for Bristlebane. For whatever reason, as time clouds the thinking of the past, I used my otherwise reputable wiki account to make an insidious edit to the wiki on a page that eyes rarely visit.

I admit it! It was I! I edited the disclaimer template page to read " Anyone can contribute (this means YOU LORAMIN!)! "

Please accept my wretched apology! Although the justice you have enacted against my account, Eldrath, for this terrible vandalism is indeed truly righteous, I beg against your better judgement for the personal favour of your mercy.

Consider I am just a misguided hobbit, whose failed attempts at humour exist only to make the world a lighter place. A simple fool of a Took! Consider I am at core pure of heart. My many pages I've added or edited for improvement demonstrate I am a Guard of the Citadel that is the fortress of knowledge we call the wiki.

Please Loramin, Lord of The Wiki, please hold in your mind all the good I have accomplished on the wiki and grant me your leniency. Cast off the indefinite block on my account Eldrath and unblock IP address so I can continue to make contributions.

The people need to know that Aura of Marr is a beneficial spell which can be clicked off, so not needing Abolish Poison casts to remove.

Thank you for your time and your eternal patience.

I sincerely respect your revised judgement however it falls and my apologies for letting you, and all the other wiki users, down.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 09-26-2022, 05:41 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-26-2022, 06:10 PM
Orc

If you need assistance it might be good to consult the Project 1999 staff list to see who's available to lend a hand. It can be found here.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Staff
Old 09-26-2022, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

LOL, I love that you shared this.

For context, awhile ago Jimjam edited the wiki's disclaimer, so that instead of:

Quote:
Anyone can contribute (this means YOU!)
it read:

Quote:
Anyone can contribute (this means LORAMIN!)
It was meant as a joke, but since I didn't know who was responsible (and they never switched it back), I banned the wiki account for vandalism once I discovered what happened.

This was Jimjam's mea culpa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I loved it so much that I felt bad only I got to read it ... and so Jimjam decided to share it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-26-2022, 08:37 PM
Banned

Old 09-26-2022, 09:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

LOL 10/10