Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 09-28-2022, 05:09 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default New (level 11) Iksar necro pondering what items to try for?

Hello.

I am not sure how important is it for a low level necromancer to start trying to get better armor/other items possibly magic that gives some boosts to stats.

Ive been trying to google if there are some lower level monsters that can drop decent items for a necro or perhaps some quests that give usable items for necro.

Or should I just try to go to the Auction zone (EC) and get certain items that are not super expensive and just make more coin (bone chips, silk, etc.) by selling to players to get these items.

Are there decent necro items sold for like 0-200 PP that would be good to go for?

Also if there is a forum post or other guide on item gathering per level or something like that I would be interested.

Or is necro just a class that dont worry so much about items at lower levels?

Thank you.
Old 09-28-2022, 11:28 AM
Banned

My personal advice for Iksar necro is to just focus on gaining levels. There really is not anything that stat worthy in Kunark at lower levels

Enjoy the Kurns experience, you might grab a soloist's icy wand (pretty rare)

hit WSW and farm giants as they can drop the forest loop, lots of GIGANTIC AXES, which vendor for a lot.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Forest_Loop 300pp

This is almost always single target stuff, and you wont really have an MP issue because of dark pact/iksar regen.

When I hit 28 I was rolling in the ph8 pl8 and did this entirely naked in a few days because kunark is so amazing at lower levels for necro.

If you really want to get decked out. I would advise grabbing a port/invis since druids will murder you, or grab a wizard port. Float around EC killing skeletons/bears (HQ pelts) - avoiding guards and just waiting for nice buys. Its pretty quick to alt/tab and check the items against what they normally sell for.

I would advise against doing this early as it really puts a damper in your leveling time, upgrading all at once can be a little annoying, since most of the time you will purchase things that will never be upgraded by anything you find for a very long time.

It can also be addicting to buy/sell and you will endup as a tunnel rat.
Old 09-28-2022, 12:18 PM
Kobold

Well, you may have already outleveled the best early level cash spot in FoB, the spiderling cave. Can get a good plat start killing those and selling silk. May be able to do the same with bone chips from Kurns, but not sure how easy those are to sell off. Also, as a necro, you go through a lot of them.

I wouldn't worry much of gear. Make a set of raw silk for yourself. If anything some HP rings is what I would invest in. Skull of torture and the feet +int item from Burynia Cutter you could probably snag before leaving the area.
Balamorm<ALS> - Barbarian Rogue
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Old 09-29-2022, 02:48 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for the info... so I should not think/worry about items mostly just leveling up and gathering coin as I go.

Possibly see about those few items if I can scrounge them up as I go.

Thank you.
Old 09-29-2022, 03:19 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the info... so I should not think/worry about items mostly just leveling up and gathering coin as I go.

Thank you.
Ya, the money will come in time. Fear kiting is pretty safe for a Necro. Even a non thick skin Erudite like mine did pretty well with it. Once he got close to 30, bigger plat camps opened up and he geared up fast. Then he geared some other toons. Now they are all passing him by =/
Balamorm<ALS> - Barbarian Rogue
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Old 09-29-2022, 11:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thank you.
There's not really any non-twink items pre-30 that you'll really feel that makes a difference. At mid/late 20s you can quest for Words of Darkness, which gives you a free low level lich but mostly an inventory slot GCD reset, which helps a ton. Besides that maybe a Circlet of Shadows to free up a gem, YMMV on the price tags for Blue vs Green, I think ~200p.

Otherwise, save all your plat, Cabilis area is one of if not the best starting zone(s). FoB->Kurns->Warslik Woods can easily get you all your spells and ~1k plat banked by 30. Maybe snag some 65hp rings asap, usually ~400p on both servers iirc.
Old 09-29-2022, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Save everything for spells. Then save the rest for a Z heart.
Old 09-29-2022, 03:04 PM
Fire Giant

Save up plat for spells -- they get progressively more expensive.

Jboots are also great. https://wiki.project1999.com/Journeyman's_Boots item increases run-speed, helpful in case you need to run away from something. JBoots can be MultiQuested, which means that someone else basically gets all the pieces of the quest for you to turn in. They typically cost around 5k to purchase.

But, save up. Save up. Save up!!!
Old 09-29-2022, 09:06 PM
Fire Giant

5ac/55 hp rings make a good difference,extra 110hp to play with.
Other then that I wouldn't worry too much about gear for a good while