Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2022, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

The bias on youtube comes from them adding that strange "context" banner on videos that are about

Political opinions that go against the WEF
Medical opinions that go against the WEF
Opinions about the WEF
Opinions about only 1 specific 16,000 year old religion based on aliens.

Everything else is free game.
Old 09-29-2022, 01:53 PM
Banned

Is there no way to remove those banners with an extension? I don't watch much Youtube stuff, mainly because I despise advertisements of all kinds, but when I do you can bet I block everything I possibly can.
Old 09-29-2022, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe if there is AdBlock.

I like to keep them on though, because the pattern is super mysterious and implies quite a bit.
Old 09-29-2022, 02:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is because youtube is a dogshit platform, with awful algorithms that they haven't updated since they bought it.

I get suggested breaking news videos from 4 years ago, no joke.

Live feeds, of hurricanes from years ago trying to search for Ian footage.

I subscribe to 400 channels, but the same 4 cover my entire frontpage right now.
You have to go to the “new to me” section to get new stuff beyond the same 4 channels

Open it up on a browser, and look at the top bar. You’ll see what YouTube thinks are your favorite categories, here’s mine that it lists:

Gaming, music, chess (this only recently because I was watching vids about the cheating controversy), The Daily Wire, Film criticisms, Fitness, Warcraft, Debates, Motivation

At the end of that list there’s always a box called “New to me” that will show you new stuff related to stuff you already like
Old 09-29-2022, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You have to go to the “new to me” section to get new stuff beyond the same 4 channels
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ill give it a try
Old 09-29-2022, 02:37 PM
Banned

I just hope you don't give The Daily Wire money. I can lie and pretend I am good at debate to you for free, if you like. And my voice is a pleasant baritone.
Old 09-29-2022, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just hope you don't give The Daily Wire money. I can lie and pretend I am good at debate to you for free, if you like. And my voice is a pleasant baritone.
I proudly support Daily Wire. You demons for years beat the drums of "build your own google". They are trying to do that with media and entertainment. At least with the Daily Wire you know where they stand, they aren't pretending to be centrist. They know what they are about and I'm fine with that at this point.
Old 09-29-2022, 03:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I proudly support Daily Wire. You demons for years beat the drums of "build your own google". They are trying to do that with media and entertainment. At least with the Daily Wire you know where they stand, they aren't pretending to be centrist. They know what they are about and I'm fine with that at this point.
Okay. I was talking to unsunghero, not one of the forums hate-fueled hypocrites. Confirm your biases all you want and waste your money.
Old 09-29-2022, 04:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally don’t give them money

Stations like fox focus more on big picture stuff, government policy, international relations, and fiscal stuff

Whereas daily wire takes a strong focus on cultural issues. The common criticism is that these are insignificant compared to other issues. But between the mainstream stations and these I feel like a lot of bases get covered
Old 09-29-2022, 04:55 PM
Banned

I'm glad to hear that. Daily Wire is funded by billionaire money. They stick largely to cultural issues for a reason, the billionaires that fund it want conservatives mad about those cultural issues because it often gets the listener to vote against their own interests, which usually means the rich get more money.

That's pretty much the entire conservative project. Abortion, "illegal" immigration, gay rights, women's rights, the existence of trans people... they're all just leverage the rich use.

To be fair, they do it to liberals too, through other means. Liberals voting for Democrats are often voting against their interests.
Closed Thread