Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 08-30-2022, 05:29 PM
Skeleton

Default It's time to revert the clickie nerf

In the spirit of "classic" can we please revert the clickie item nerfs and the recharge prices. At this point in the server does it really even matter or make a difference in the raid scene? When a guild engages a target they tend to kill it. The root nets, strings, and whatever else don't really matter. If it's a problem, players can form agreements to not use for raid encounters. I feel like staff just took a sledgehammer to nail a tack and often wonder why, if it was such a big deal, couldn't the code have been changed to exempt specific raid encounters from the item's effect instead?

Items like strings and root nets had solo applications that are hindered because of the decision and it doesn't make sense to punish everyone because of raid use. At this point of the experiment, I just struggle to see how any benefits outweigh the negative impact to gameplay and the "classic" experience.

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I'm just looking for some consistency. We get a lot of changes for the sake of being classic but then we get this kind of custom content, with aoe nerfs, that's hastily thrown in.

Thumbs up or down, I'm curious to see if anyone else shares the sentiment.

Thanks
Old 08-30-2022, 06:43 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by funry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the spirit of "classic" can we please revert the clickie item nerfs and the recharge prices. At this point in the server does it really even matter or make a difference in the raid scene? When a guild engages a target they tend to kill it. The root nets, strings, and whatever else don't really matter. If it's a problem, players can form agreements to not use for raid encounters. I feel like staff just took a sledgehammer to nail a tack and often wonder why, if it was such a big deal, couldn't the code have been changed to exempt specific raid encounters from the item's effect instead?

Items like strings and root nets had solo applications that are hindered because of the decision and it doesn't make sense to punish everyone because of raid use. At this point of the experiment, I just struggle to see how any benefits outweigh the negative impact to gameplay and the "classic" experience.

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I'm just looking for some consistency. We get a lot of changes for the sake of being classic but then we get this kind of custom content, with aoe nerfs, that's hastily thrown in.

Thumbs up or down, I'm curious to see if anyone else shares the sentiment.

Thanks
You're not alone... You're never alone <3
Old 08-31-2022, 01:47 AM
Banned

It's a valid point.
Old 08-31-2022, 04:34 AM
Planar Protector

No
Old 08-31-2022, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Spirit of classic would be remove recharges exploit as they were surely never as popular in era than now.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 08-31-2022, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah pretty sure the original devs never intended to be used as such
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-31-2022, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spirit of classic would be remove recharges exploit as they were surely never as popular in era than now.
Agreed. Never saw people going around with root nets and recharging them for cheap to get around the fact that their class didn’t have root. Cheap exploit to get around the way the class was designed
Old 08-31-2022, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

I remember talking with people about there being "some way" to recharge charge items, and nobody I could ever encounter knew much more than that.

It was certainly cool to learn what that way was on p99 20 years later, thanks for that!
Old 08-31-2022, 04:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah pretty sure the original devs never intended to be used as such
Irrelevant. Original devs never intended for feign death to be used to split mobs. Trying to figure out what devs did and didn't intend is not really relevant or how this works. Devs make the game and players create the meta through emergent gameplay.

Tinkering with things because you think the devs intended something is always a huge fail. Make a 100% classic sandbox and let the players play.
Old 08-31-2022, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

Equating feign death to item recharge exploit is pretty laughable