Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 03:18 PM
Sarnak

Default The Essence Lens quest is in-era for P99 Blue but missing

First mention of the Essence Lens questline and its related items and NPCs is on Nov 27, 2001. This was before the Dec 4, 2001 launch date of the Shadows of Luclin expansion.

Essence Lens (item)
Quote:
Nov 27 2001 at 8:09 PM Eitsekur: The quest for these items involves a Prismatic Scale dropped off of one of the very high level mobs in Sleeper's (I would look up the exact mob, but I might get it wrong), and the scale itself is very rare. It was very cool of BotS to release this item to the public (or very rude, IMO, if someone yanked it offa their site and submitted it).

This item is *VERY* uber-rare, and very uber-powerful. It *should* only be possessed by a select few players on each server; the very best of the best. Unfortunately, due to a bugged (or, if you choose to interpret it my way, a very poorly planned and implemented) NPC, literally dozens of these items are in circulation on one server. For more info, troll around on noows.com.

Eitsekur
44 Shadow Knight (Erudite)
Mythrilmoon Mystics, 7th Hammer
Quote:
Nov 27 2001 at 11:11 PM by crazydruidguy: As a bug (I would hope), the new red dragon in WW named Malafen has been dropping this item and is on a very fast spawn time. Give this "Essance Item" to Malafen to get a new "Essance Item." There is 5 "Essance Items" that you can get.
Quote:
Nov 28 2001 at 11:39 AM by Kryai: first of all, malafen was dropping this for about 2 days before he was perma-killed. This is originally a reward from turning in a RANDOM VERY RARE scale from farming ST. This item however is not that powerful compared with what a guild that is capable of killing ventani already has in it's ******* and most would agree that the reward should be re-evaluated for reasons stated elsewhere. though i do have to say that opinions don't really count if you aren't the one that interact with the actual item it's quite different looking at it from the other point of view.
Druzzil Ro
Quote:
Dec 02 2001 at 3:49 PM by Gudeldar: Identifies as Lens containing Lendinaria's essence
Quote:
Dec 03 2001 at 3:22 PM by poobot: Yeah, the melalafin thing was exploited on Veeshan server by one guild for 5 days straight before the GMs realized what was happening. A totally gimp guild is now running around with items meant for guilds that kill the high end golems in sleepers tomb. None of them have ever even been to sleepers. Guild's name is Pravus Dei. Everyone already hates them so stand in line.
Essence Lens (quest)
Quote:
Dec 03 2001 at 10:42 PM by Anonymous: These items are totally uber and virtually the best some people could ever hope to get...

People are saying the earrings are no good cuz they have no AC blah who cares they have 10stam and 65hps plus resists

Anyone who can get these earrings will already have copius amounts of AC and unless you are a main Battletank at this lvl you know that hitpoints and resists are far more important to you than AC..these items are awesome for the general raid population and anyone in possesion of the full set would be hard to kill...imagine duelling them..

Also the Ac on the other items makes up for the lack of iit on the earring anyway imho

Personally i would gladly delevel from 60 to 55 if my reward was a full set of this stuff though i doubt i'll ever even see someone else get it let alone myself

Congrats to you lucky ducks that have em 8)
Essence Blade
Quote:
Nov 27 2001 at 8:35 PM by Descend: Get all 4 essence items? You need to turn in your sleepers tomb key every time you do this quest, i really dont think anyone will kill 4 first brood dragons and hand in there keys just for these. Far better weapons drop and items as well that are much easier to get. Not to mention the sleeper has to be awoken for you to even do this quest.
Quote:
Nov 27 2001 at 8:39 PM by Phude: Essence Tap
Decrease Hit Points (HP) by 80 (L1) and adds it to yours

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classes: None

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skill: Alteration
Allowable Targets: Drain

Range to Target: 75 feet

Resistance Check: Magic

Spell Duration: Instant
Spell Recovery: 2.50 seconds

Spell cast on you: You feel your life drain away.
Spell cast on someone: Soandso staggers.
Essence Mace
Quote:
Dec 02 2001 at 3:42 PM by Gudeldar: It Identifies as Mace containing Zlandicar's Essence

Essence Ring says same thing except ring and yelenik
Quote:
Nov 27 2001 at 5:30 PM by October: The essence items are excllent, a mix between great ratio and good resists
Quote:
Nov 28 2001 at 4:31 PM by Gudeldar: No where near worth it for the effort getting it. You have to kill yelenik, zlandicar and some other dragons to even get into ST you have to do these until you get alot of them depending on your guild skill then you have to kill ventani who is by no means a pushover then you have to farm ST constantly to get a very very rare drop of the prismatic scale and then turn in the ST key and the very rare drop. So I don't see the guild that actually woke the sleeper even bothering with this quest only the guilds that need primal from the boss golemn though they may not bother because they don't want to loose there sleepers tomb key
Essence Pearl
Quote:
Nov 28 2001 at 7:23 PM by GedalOgiona: If you want AC with the resists you can turn this in to get the range slot that has 15 ac and resists. Read the quest description. I feel this item is clearly for int casters that win the roll and want the int really. Melees get better stuff as is
Essence Ring
Quote:
Nov 27 2001 at 9:46 PM by Throatripper: Hardly worth effort from what I've heard, your Primal supply is DRASTICALLY cut off and these scales drop about once every 2 weeks for guilds who farm the place very often. Good items though

The quest and items are listed on their respective allakhazam.com pages as LDoN era. This change was made in 2019 by an Allakhazam admin named Gidono based on an unsubstantiated claim by user Zaztik for which no evidence if offered. He simply states he discovered it "upon further research" for whether the quest should exist on his TLP server. Zaztik himself admits his uncertainty as to whether or not his research is correct.

Essence Lens (item)
Quote:
Oct 06 2019 at 8:24 PM by Gidono:
Quote:
Oct 05 2019 at 10:07 AM by Zaztik: upon further research, it looks like the Scale doesn't start dropping until at least the Luclin expansion has been unlocked, however Melalafen the turn in guy for this quest may not be up until LDON has unlocked as well, not 100% sure on this but I will update later this year!
Changed the era over to LDoN and all the rewards as well since this is locked behind the quest giver.
These items were in-game before the launch of the Shadows of Luclin expansion, therefore the Essence Lens quest is in-era for P99 Blue and should be added.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Bump for a big missing things on a proper bug report with evidence...
Old 02-21-2020, 02:23 PM
Aviak

Pretty convincing to me.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Essence Blade

Nov 27 2001 at 8:39 PM by Phude: Essence Tap
Decrease Hit Points (HP) by 80 (L1) and adds it to yours

Spell Duration: Instant

Spell cast on you: You feel your life drain away.
https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=7062

Quote:
Correction to phude
#Nov 27 2001 at 8:57 PMRating: Good
Dalren
128 posts
Phude, there is a slight difference between essece tap and essence drain =) here it is

Essence Drain
Decrease Mana by 80 (L1) and adds it to yours

-------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------Spell Duration: Instant

Spell cast on you: You feel your essence drain away.
Quote:
wow
#Nov 27 2001 at 10:34 PMRating: Decent
Barneby
281 posts
talk about w00t, what a dmg ratio with lots of resists and hp/mana, darn good weapon and lots of procs = more casts! woohoo
Old 04-22-2020, 11:51 PM
Planar Protector

Still missing despite being era correct
Old 05-15-2020, 01:29 PM
Sarnak

Bump
Old 05-19-2020, 10:45 AM
Kobold

Wow this is big. Awesome I bet we have a new quest soon! ��
Old 05-20-2020, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

Also important note is Melalafen drops a fully Nagafen loot list including Bladestopper and Melalafen is on his own faction and a single faction hit from him drops people to permanently KoS with him preventing you from completing his quest.

This is very crucial to include.
Old 05-21-2020, 03:39 PM
Sarnak

More evidence this quest is era appropriate here (credit Ele):
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=115
Old 08-01-2020, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

2 months and a half bump for a major missing quest...
Closed Thread