Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by backman_66 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with you, I absolutely love the Warden class. But others don't seem to agree with me, and therefore it makes it hard to get into any RvR group that isn't with my friends. You know how the typical euro mindset is, locked into one style of gameplay, like you mentioned somewhere earlier.
We can probably find a Warden in-game, if our roster won't have one going in already, but it's never just that simple, cause they'd have to be compatible with our time-zones and play times if we want to have one in our permanent group.

TWF would be great to have in RvR anyway, for those who don't know what that is, it's a class-unique Warden RA, ThornWeed Field; a huge stationary pbaoe snare-field, snares & damages anyone who gets caught in it, lasts 30s, damage pulse every 5s.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 07-02-2014, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

I'll post all available classes for Hibernia with my personal, basic class descriptions, grouped by their base classes, like 'healer-base', 'fighter base', 'caster base', etc.

Naturalist Base (healer): all get base healing, base buffs, basic rez (L10), basic group heal, can wear small-medium shields (but can't spec)

Bard - primary CC, endurance/mana/heal/speed songs, some healing, base buffs, cure disease/poison. Can also spec in weaponry for melee styles: -Blunt, -Blades

Druid - primary Healing, spec buffs, base buffs, resist buffs, pet, root/ae, dot, buff dispelling, spec rez (return with more HP/mana), cure disease/poison

Warden - base buffs, some healing, resist buffs, Group Damage Add chant, Group Pulsing Blade Turn chant (absorbs any melee hit every 10 seconds, can be decreased to 6 seconds depending on spec), Group Run Speed chant (comparable to low-lvl SoW, maxes out at 53% at 44 Nurture), Self Endurance Regen chant, Self Haste buff. Can also spec in weaponry for melee styles: -Blunt, -Blades, -Parry.

Guardian Base (fighters): all can spec Blunt, Blades, Piercing, Shields, Parry, can all wear Reinforced Armor, Protect ability (can be placed on friendly targets to attempt to take their aggro, good on casters/healers), Guard ability (requires a Shield on, attempts to block any melee hits on target, must stand real close, Guard I at 7 Shield spec), Intercept ability (attempts to take melee hit in place of friendly target)

Blademaster - Light Tank (primary melee DPS), Celtic Dual-wield spec, shield/parry specs, short-bows, Reinforced Armor, Advanced Evade (passive), Triple Wield (L25, Every 30 minutes you can summon a magical sword that adds 50% to your damage for 30 seconds. Charge RA (I'll add details for this awesome ability later)

Hero - Main Tank (defensive if shield spec, offensive if 2H spec), shield/parry specs, Large Weaponry (2H) spec, Celtic Spear (2H) spec, short bows, Scale Armor (L15). Initiate of the Hunt (class ability): You can turn yourself into a half-stag once every 30 minutes for 30 seconds. While in stag mode you get +25% to your HP (heal/total).

Champion - Hybrid Tank, melee with self STR/CON(hp) buff, instant spells; DD, stat debuffs, snare. Large Weaponry (2H), Scale Armor (L20).

Magician Base (casters): all have a Heat based single target DD, single stun (duration improves every, self AF buff (AC equivalent), self Absorbtion buff (for melee dmg), and self bladeturn buff (absorbs 1 melee hit, L19). The base spells in the 'Sun' and 'Moon' lines are all the same for all 3 classes, the only different base spells are in the unique spec lines for each class. For example; Eldritches 3rd spec line is 'Void' which has bolt damage and instant stat debuffs, Enchanters 3rd spec line is 'Enchantment' which gives a heal spell for your pet, the summon pet spell, and a run speed group chant (equivalent to mid-lvl SoW), and Mentalists get the 'Mentalism' spec line which has a single target DoT and a base Heal.

Eldritch - Wizard class; mainly direct damage spells in both base and spec lines, they also get an AE Mez in the Light/Sun spec, as well as Nearsight, which lowers the casting/shooting range of enemies who either cast or shoot with a bow, etc VERY USEFUL spell in PvP, it's bolt-range too. The Moon/Mana spec has some good utility in it as well; it features the strongest PBAOE spell in the game, DD+Snare & the AE version, single and AE Disease (disease in this game slows down your movement, and makes all heals on target do only 50% of their value), there's also the single target STR/CON debuff, as well as an AE version later in the spec. The Void/Eclipse spec features a spec bolt (so you'll have 2 bolts if you spec in this line), there's also an AE DD, and GTAOE (which is known as ground target AE, means you can cast on a certain loc whether it has targets in it or not), and last but not least; resist debuffs for Body, Spirit, Energy, they have 3 strength levels, -15, -30, -50.

Enchanter - Caster Pet class (like EQ mage); Light/Sun spec gives a Heat-based DD, and instant atk speed debuffs single and ae versions. The Moon/Mana spec also gives the strongest PBAOE spell in the game, same one as Eldritch, but also has a Pet Focus Damage Shield which is one of the greatest pet spells (it does really awesome damage, but while in effect, the caster cannot move or cast anything else), the spec also gives resist debuffs for Matter, Cold, Heat! (Heat is the most used caster DD in Hibernia). Enchantment spec gives stat/proc buffs for the pet only, and a Damage Add buff which can be used on other players. There are various pets this class can summon at certain levels, some pets are casters and will nuke your targets, other pets cast regen on all party members, and another type is a tank pet, great for when using the focus shield.

Mentalist - Utility class (familiar to EQ Enchanter); Light spec gives single DD, AE DD, and a Charm 'chant' which drains your mana depending on the level of the spell. Mana spec gives single target DoT, AE DoT, HoT (heal over time, one of the best in the game), and Mana Regen (single target, until high 30s when you get the first group version). Mentalism spec gives a spec Heal equivalent to those of Druids/Bards/Wardens, single target Mez, Confusion, and Cure Mez! (at L28)

Stalker Base (stealthers): both classes can dual wield and receive the Celtic Dual spec line, both can spec in Piercing and Blades, as well as the Stealth spec line (the more points you invest in this, the less likely you are to be seen. Although you can still stealth without investing any points, you'll be seen from a farther range, and won't be able to stealth around mobs.

Nightshade - Rogue type, Critical Strike spec line (some of these attacks depend on you being able to stealth well enough to get within melee ranger without losing it,) they also get a Poison spec (the more points you put into this, the better poison you can use on your weps,) and they get 2 DD spells - one instant and one regular. Can only wear Leather.

Ranger - Archer type, Bow spec, Pathfinding spec (spells) includes; self-AF buff, self-STR buff, self-DmgAdd buff, self-DEX/QUI buff, and temporary Run speed buff (% of speed, as well as duration, increase as you level, maxing out at 95% and 30s.) Can wear Leather & Reinforced.

Forester Base (unique caster/fighter classes): they receive a combination of base spells ranging from; self AF buffs, Lifetap (instead of stun), Damage Shield, self Absorb buff, and the self Bladeturn like the other casting classes in the realm. Ofcourse Animists have a plethora of spells for their stationary pets and such, there are way too many to list here. These two classes came with the first DAoC expansion, Shrouded Isles, and they both wear cloth.

Animist - Pet Bomber class, summons these non-mobile shroom pets which can do various things like PBAOE damage or single target DD (random targets, you can't really control who they attack, they just attack anything within range). There are various pets which are limited to a single ability, depending on the spell being used, some cast Root nonstop, others cast Damage or a resist buff, etc. There are 3 versions of these pets, version A) can only summon 1 of, but can control which target it should cast its spells on, version B) can summon up to 15 of in one area, they cast their spells on random targets which are within range, and expire within 2min, version C) are like these Light grenades, you summon it with a target already in place, and it flies into the target and explodes. It's a pretty complex class, but once you play around with it a bit, it'll get much easier. Only thing is, it's a double-edged sword when it comes to PvP, on one hand it's awesome when it comes to Keep Defense, it's also great for an ambush, but out in the open field it can get difficult. Then on the other hand, it can get really dull having to camp keeps and bridges, to wait for someone to run into your traps. Overall though, I'd say it's one of the better and most unique classes in the game.

Valewalker - Hybrid Melee with some very decent spells, and a unique weapon spec for the Scythe. The spells are: instant DoT, instant Snare, self-Absorbtion buff (only casters get, but this version is much more efficient), Offensive Proc buff, Defensive Proc buff, and a 30s duration self-Haste buff with a recast of 2min. Another unique class brough by the first expansion of the game. This class can only wear cloth, but the Absorbtion buff more than makes up for it in the long haul.

note: Class Descriptions for Hibernia are done.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
Last edited by Scrooge; 07-11-2014 at 02:28 PM.. Reason: taking out old roster info from this post
Old 07-02-2014, 12:31 PM
Kobold

I'm checking this thread too often. It's getting me excited! If we get a nice group of 10+ steady players then I'll probably go with the Warden. They are great in smallman RvR too for the off-hours. We definitely need a bard or two though. Tough class to play though, not something I like to deal with. Whoever likes a challenge should play one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-02-2014, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Here is a master list of the Old Frontier RA for all 3 realms. There are alot of similar things to the new system, but activated RA won't have multiple ranks and will cost alot more points, not to mention have pre-required passive RA. It's easy enough to play a Bard in PvE, but in RvR is where your skills are truly tested! The more I think about it, the more I think I'll have to add to the group, if I go with Mentalist again, it'd also allow me to backup our primary Mezzer if needed.

Maybe we can roll 2 chars at the same time (one caster and one melee), if we're on more than others, so we can bring either one depending on what the group needs more during the main sessions.
Last edited by Scrooge; 07-02-2014 at 12:57 PM..
Old 07-02-2014, 01:00 PM
Kobold

That's my plan. I'm gonna roll Warden / Hero / BM and then my Eldritch as well because they're just too awesome not to have one. Mana spec until 40 for PBAoE then splitspec Light / Mana. In the end, I'll probably have one of each of those toons though :P
Last edited by backman_66; 07-02-2014 at 01:05 PM..
Old 07-02-2014, 01:01 PM
Sarnak

Is there an eta on uthgard 2.0? Will there be zerg xp like that other server?
Old 07-02-2014, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by backman_66 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm checking this thread too often. It's getting me excited! If we get a nice group of 10+ steady players then I'll probably go with the Warden. They are great in smallman RvR too for the off-hours. We definitely need a bard or two though. Tough class to play though, not something I like to deal with. Whoever likes a challenge should play one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea I'm getting somewhat impatient too after talking about all this again, stirring up the memories of the good times we had on Uthgard in the years prior. Let's just hope we'll have a capable Bard or two, they can make a whole lot of difference, I don't really want to fill those shoes either, but if we'll still need one at the time of char creation - I'll make that sacrifice until we get a replacement.

Quote:
That's my plan. I'm gonna roll Warden / Hero / BM and then my Eldritch as well because they're just too awesome not to have one. Mana spec until 40 for PBAoE then splitspec Light / Mana. In the end, I'll probably have one of each of those toons though :P
It's very easy to burn out if you try to level too many chars all at once, I've seen it happen too many times already. If you can drop just enough points into Light for the first/second AE Mez and the first Nearsight, that'd be more than enough for early-mid lvl BGs I think.

Maybe we should consider making more of a caster group for the "first set" of chars, we'd probably level alot faster and be able to farm gear way more efficiently for the melee chars we'd make next. Caster chars would also enable us to hold some real PL sessions, with AOE pulls and such, though we'd need atleast 2 mana-spec Elds and/or Enchanters, I'd cover healing, mana regen, and DoTs (ae dots eventually) as a Mentalist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin2090 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there an eta on uthgard 2.0? Will there be zerg xp like that other server?
Sadly there's no ETA currently, but we know it's not dead either, all we can do is keep our fingers crossed that it happens soon. That zerg xp on Genesis was a bug during the first week of that server being up, it was fixed eventually, but Uthgard doesn't have those kinds of bugs that are too easily exploitable, they were all taken care of over the years.
Last edited by Scrooge; 07-02-2014 at 01:47 PM..
Old 07-03-2014, 02:24 AM
Planar Protector

Here's a basic setup guide I've made for this thread, although it's gotten much simpler than it used to be, since Uthgard should now support the latest clients. If anyone feels they have something to add, let me know.

1) Get the web installer from the official site here: http://www.darkageofcamelot.com/site.../DAoCSetup.exe

2) Let it install, and patch it all the way (unless otherwise specified in this thread later.)

3) Download DAoC Portal (external software server interface for freeshards), http://sourceforge.net/projects/dolserver/files/DAOC Portal/, get the latest version.

4) Run DAoC Portal, configure settings towards your DAoC installation.

4a) Additional Uthgard Mods will install by themselves if they need to, otherwise check the main site to see if there should be any.

5) OK, after you download, install and patch DAoC all the way, go to your installed game folder and make a backup of the game.dll in there, then replace it with the game.dll from this link. What it does is lower the version of the game to the version compatible with the freeshards.

You can download the 1.109 game.dll here -> http://www.mediafire.com/?763i3ia6j4y3yot

6) If account creation still works the same way as before the revamp, all you'll need to do is login with the credentials you want your account to have, and your account will be made automatically.

That's about it.

Tradeskills are also being reverted to their classic tables too, so not every class can craft any skill they want. Check the details here: http://www.gatecentral.com/daoc/doc/skills_l12.php
Last edited by Scrooge; 07-14-2014 at 11:09 PM..
Old 07-03-2014, 06:02 AM
Planar Protector

One of our members gave me a link for Web IRC, so you all can join our guild chat channel without having to download any software whatsoever. Just go to
https://client00.chat.mibbit.com, select the server: Rizon, use your forum name as your nick, and channel: #uthgard, then hit 'Connect'. Try to idle there as often as you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backman_66
We've created an IRC channel for our guild-to-be, for the time being, for all of us to meet in, on irc.rizon.net, channel #uthgard. It's great especially for a crew with varying time zones, we should all idle in our channel as much as possible, to get familiar with each other, live chat is a much better way of me answering any additional questions you may have, or even scheduling group times by posting them in the topic.

If you've never used IRC before, it's a simple chat-room kind of server, stands for Internet Relay Chat. To get the windows client, go to www.mirc.com, it's a fairly straight forward setup. Once you setup your nick/alias (use your p99 forum names for now, so I'll know who's who for the time being,) do /server irc.rizon.net, then /join #uthgard. You can even register your nick with a password so that no one can steal your name there and we'll always know it's the real you, syntax is: /msg Nickserv register passwordhere emailhere, then you'll get an email with a confirmation code you'll have to enter and that's that.
There's another way for all of you guys to communicate via live chat on iRC, for those who never used it before, it's a chat client - very easy to setup.

Windows Client software: www.mirc.com
server: irc.rizon.net
channel: #uthgard

It's a great way for everyone to meet everyone else who will be playing, to ask any questions you might have, or discuss everything from class specs to game mechanics, even play times or guild events. We can even leave messages in the topic section of the channel, so that even if no one is in there, you'll still be able to see it, kind like an ingame MOTD.

1) Download & install the client at http://www.mirc.com/get.html

2) When you start the app, just put in your nick, preferrably same one as your forum one

2a) What you can also do is register your nick with the server, so that only you can use it on that server, it's a good security measure.

3) In the Servers section, add "irc.rizon.net" with the default port: 6667

4) Then hit "Select", it will take you back to the Connect section, then hit "Connect"

4a) An alternative way to connect to a server is to simply type "/server irc.rizon.net" in the console/status window, or to change your nick without reconnecting by doing "/nick newname"

5) Finally type /join #uthgard, and you're done

Cya in there!
Last edited by Scrooge; 08-07-2014 at 08:48 PM..
Old 07-03-2014, 08:21 AM
Planar Protector

So I've never played DAOC before, but I'd wanna be a nightshade. Read that I'm basically useless in a PvE group. Can I level up killing other players or is playing a stealther just gonna be painful to level w/o boxing?
Closed Thread