Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-23-2019, 09:17 AM
Planar Protector

As a side note, I don't remember them coming back immediately if you sat down unless they had run their max distance away FIRST. after they run that distance away if you are sitting down they will come back to try and attack you.

edit
Oh I found this but it's 2003;

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=3546

"As for tips: Druids with their 2 damage shields, and negligible melee skills should be able to do her no problem. I think I was above 44 and nothing else aggroed. Fight her on the bridge, where she spawns. When she walks, just sit down, she will come back sooner or later. Just sit as soon as she walks. I think I usually had to heal myself once per fight. Good luck."

On P99 the clockwork would probably just keep running and aggro a bunch of mobs until it was above "flee health" levels. And there is no way doing that would this guy be able to kill here with that strat if that's how it worked.
Last edited by DMN; 11-23-2019 at 09:25 AM..
Old 11-23-2019, 09:45 AM
Banned

Yes! They would if you sat!

They should go for the sitting player.
Old 11-27-2019, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Default Low HP Mobs Should Not Run Far Enough Away to "Unleash" and Heal in Full

I don't have classic evidence for this (sorry), but hopefully y'all already understand how this mechanic should work, and this is just an implementation issue.

As I remember things on live, a fleeing mob would always come back to you, as soon as their HP regenerated enough that they stopped fleeing. I do not believe it was possible in classic EQ for a mob to flee from low HP, flee far enough away that they "unleash" (lose agro), and then start healing up (to full) without returning to their spawn point.

However, exactly that happened to me. I was on the south wall of Kithicor, about -900, 4000, and I beat C`Habrel Sharlok down to the point of fleeing. He then wandered off into the forest somewhere ... and promptly forgot all about me and healed up, without returning to his spawn point. Much later he finally returned to his spawn point ... but again, I don't recall any scenario like this happening on live.

I think the fix is just to limit mobs so they don't wander outside their "unleash" range. And if this is set a per zone/mob basis, Kithicor Sharloks need correcting (or at least C`Habrel does).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-27-2019, 05:29 PM
Former Guide

Similarly reported issue already (with evidence included) on flee mechanics, merging thread.
Old 09-30-2020, 07:41 AM
Planar Protector

Something made me remember this today. I definitely remember using this mechanic to keep mobs from aggroing other mobs back in classic when I was soloing. Wish I had some evidence of it.
Old 09-30-2020, 07:54 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah it was a thing.
Do we need to make P99 easier is another question.