Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-12-2019, 06:54 PM
Planar Protector

Default Drusella Sathir timer

Currently she is on a 24 hour timer. I believe she should be three days.

The only mention I found in-era of 24 hours was a player reminiscing on when Necklace of Superiority was moved from The Kly to Drusella

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt....M/e9g9wQbyCg4J
Quote:
11-17-2001 After VI figured out it was becoming Drelzna II down there with the
silly camps, they moved the NoS to Drusella Sathir in Howling Stones. IIRC
she's roughly a 24 hour spawn, loads the NoS as a rare drop, and is not
"casually campable" like The Kly was.
I looked through patch notes and found nothing to suggest she had been changed.
Next mention I've found of a spawn time is out of era a few months after Luclin release. The timing on this makes me think that her spawn time was changed when Chardok 2.0 dropped as people weren't so keen to give up strats/info so the months delay fits for me.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...01771896449427

Quote:
Apr 01 2002 at 10:46 PMRating: Decent
Canoga
2 posts
I'd also like to know her spawn time. I've heard two things, she is a 3 day spawn, or that she's is a PH'd mob, ie.. you kill everything in her room and eventually she pops. Anyone know?
The PH mob was mentioned earlier in the comment section but had been down voted into being hidden so I think we can discount the ph theory.

http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-3267.html
Quote:
12-30-2002, 03:34 PM
Well, Drusilla is a 3 day (I think) spawn at the rear end of Howling Stones. She dies rather fast to people wanting the Spirit Wracked Cords from Chardok quest. She doesn't always drop the NoS.

So, Venril Sathir Remains (You do NOT need to kill the real Venril Sathir) spawns more often, is easier to get to, and drops what you need more often.
https://thesafehouse.org/forums/foru...drussel-sathir

Howling Stones had a revamp in august, 2003 and this person is asking if she still has a three day still which she did he just needed to wait on variance to catch up.

Quote:
11-03-03, 02:06 PM
SHe used to have a 3 day spawn. Anyone know if they changed it? I killed her last Friday and she didn't drop an Urn. I came back exactly 36 hours later and she wasn't up - been checking here on and off for the past 6 hours and still no pop.

Anyone know for sure exatly what here spawn time is?

I know some mobs have a +/- on their spawn time, but before the revamp on HS I was under the impression that Drus was up on server up and that she also had a fixed spawn time.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Shame there is no concrete source for very late velious but it does make sense considering people kept their secrets close and the newness of the revamped zone.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:25 AM
Orc

Hodor!
Old 05-08-2019, 06:15 AM
Fire Giant

So you have 100% proof she was in era 24h, but wanted to theorize on out of era comments that she should be 3 days, solid not evidence right there.

Just as you stated for the the dropable version of Spirit Wracked Cords, there was no in era evidence, but lots out of era, or even better, posted out of era, even tho could be in era, but was just ruled as grey area and removed. Here you want to do the other way around, with era evidence change things in era with evidence out of era.

Quest itself is hard as its, you have to beat Shady(24h), Angry(72h) and Drusela(24h) plus Ally to chardok, considering on best case where you win all straight you would need about 5 days to get it all, considering the competition its very unlikely. Even the dropped version sometimes took 3 days to drop.

That said im not sure if you just a masokist or some type of unemployed that already have it and dont care if they make it harder as it wont affect you.

ps: I did the quest not so casual way and took me about a month
Old 05-08-2019, 11:10 AM
Sarnak

Really not understanding why you would go out of your way to make things harder for people. This camp is already complete aids as it is.

Pathetic.
Leanni ~ 52 Wood Elf Druid
Gogeta ~ 51 Dwarf Rogue

-Mule- Miakhalifa
Old 05-08-2019, 03:45 PM
Banned

It's about an authentic recreation. Not easier or harder.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:10 PM
Fire Giant

Here some in era evidence for you.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010611...how&BID=213840

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submited by: discordja On: 3/26/2001 7:05:04 AM
4) i'm pretty sure she is on a 24 hour timer. she's a static spawn tho so just get in a rythm of killing her. this actually is a mob you can just say "hey lets kill drusella today." it's not like venril or any other bad ass in kunark. just a higher level with nice loot. now go get her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submited by: Elarian Tinesthai On: 4/3/2001 8:12:29 PM
so anyway(ignores all the crap posts mocking the first crap post), I've been hunting in this zone about 6 hours a day for past week and half, have pulled a good 100k worth of loot out of ehre in fignerbone hoop, sash of dragonborn and whatnot.
Recently have taken to killing Drussel Sathir on a daily basis for past 3 days. Every day we killed her she dropped the NoS, except for today, she dropped something weird, Ventril's Phylacery, lore, magic, nodrop, listed as none/none on classes that can use, and uses the same icon as the gold onyx pendant made with jewelcrafting. If you have any info on what this item is for please send me an email, or a tell in game if you are on Innoruuk server.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocode [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP's premise is her spawn time changed with the Chardok2.0 update ( Oct 2001). Most the evidence he cites is from after that.

Quote:
12-13-03, 10:55 AM
Re: RE: Drusela

chances are you missed her.
she is (after like 30 kills) 3 days +/- 6 hours but almost always early.
https://thesafehouse.org/forums/foru...909#post187909
Old 05-09-2019, 01:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP's premise is her spawn time changed with the Chardok2.0 update ( Oct 2001). Most the evidence he cites is from after that.

https://thesafehouse.org/forums/foru...909#post187909
Theres no question at some point it changed to 3 days, my point is no evidence but especulation out of our Era.
Old 06-21-2019, 12:33 AM
Orc

Bump
Old 07-22-2019, 04:59 PM
Orc

hodor