Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 03:43 PM
Sarnak

This was a cool feature. My guild on live had some sort of dispute with another guild and we did battle in SRO to resolve it. Mixed in with some hits on people hiding out in lguk. Killed each other over and over until one side was getting mostly corpse camped and gave up.
Old 09-30-2019, 03:50 PM
Fire Giant

force guild wars on guilds that don’t follow raid rules
Old 09-30-2019, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

I think there is for sure people who would love to see raid zones like ToV become a pvp zone. But as a middle ground compromise.

Please add classic /Guildwar
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:56 PM
Kobold

This thread is deserving of a bump to the top.

Thank you Nilbog, for your consideration.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

The only real issue here is how to handle OOR healers when in a guildwar. My assumption would be that either:

a) During a guildwar, guild members can only be buffed/healed by other guild members
or
b) any OOR heal or buff would flag that person for PvP (not likely to be implemented)

Option A is obviously the easier (only) option, but this would require guild members to xp or PvE together.

Another consideration would be the (normal) 8 level spread for PvP. During guildwar the assumption would be that this would apply to any level range. However, that would put lower level members at risk, which would mean two warring guilds would have to be in the same rough level range (or not log into alts).

My vision is to have two guilds, light races and dark races, level 52+ be in perpetual guild war. Maybe the guild would be structured as a more elite, "best of the best"/hardcore players who have grown tired of the PvE game and want to experience perpetual world PvP against other, similarily leveled and geared players. Downside would be all PvE is limited to your guild only (or solo). To me this is an interesting concept. Perhaps the two warring guilds take PvP vacations to focus on PvE for a certain period and then go back to active guildwar.
Last edited by walfreyydo; 10-01-2019 at 03:18 PM..
Old 10-01-2019, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by walfreyydo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only real issue here is how to handle OOR healers when in a guildwar. My assumption would be that either:

a) During a guildwar, guild members can only be buffed/healed by other guild members
or
b) any OOR heal or buff would flag that person for PvP (not likely to be implemented)

Option A is obviously the easier (only) option, but this would require guild members to xp or PvE together.

Another consideration would be the (normal) 8 level spread for PvP. During guildwar the assumption would be that this would apply to any level range. However, that would put lower level members at risk, which would mean two warring guilds would have to be in the same rough level range (or not log into alts).

My vision is to have two guilds, light races and dark races, level 52+ be in perpetual guild war. Maybe the guild would be structured as a more elite, "best of the best"/hardcore players who have grown tired of the PvE game and want to experience perpetual world PvP against other, similarily leveled and geared players. Downside would be all PvE is limited to your guild only (or solo). To me this is an interesting concept. Perhaps the two warring guilds take PvP vacations to focus on PvE for a certain period and then go back to active guildwar.
So your implementation of guild war would essentially be two Redbook guilds?

How boring.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

/guildwar <guild leader name> <number> - Allows the guild leader to challenge or accept another guild in guild war. Both parameters are necessary, and both guild leaders must execute the command. The number is the number of days that the guild war will last, from 1 to 14. All members of a guild at war with another guild are PvP with each other for the duration of the guild war.

/guildpeace <guild leader name>- Allows the guild leader to end a guild war. Both guild leaders must execute this command to end the war. Guild war will end in any case after the time limit has passed.

---------------------------------------------

The above is cut-and-paste from the EQ manual. It's unlimited PvP range. If a guild full of level 40's is stupid enough to accept a wardec with a guild full of level 60's it deserves the beatdown it'll get. The feature was only rarely used in the original game but it existed so in theory it's on the table here, even if low priority.

Danth
Old 10-01-2019, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wardec
Someone is or was an eve player! And I approve! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(war declaration for those unaware)

I'm happy other people are more interested in this now. Im sure it will make it's way in. Perhaps after green launch. I know the staff are putting in overtime to get green ready by the 25th.
Old 10-03-2019, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Will you partake in guild wars pvp on green?
Old 10-03-2019, 02:50 PM
Banned

Ya

Passive aggressive bs and trying to petitionquest is what people resort to, yuck
Closed Thread