Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2019, 09:35 AM
Kobold

gotta love lvl 40 camping shiny brass shield in cb for plat
Old 11-30-2019, 10:06 AM
Large Rat

I challenge anyone who thinks farming plat and items is unfair if you're not "level appropriate" to roll one character and play it without ever farming anything that doesn't give you exp, to never kill a black bear trying to get a pelt, to never kill decaying skeletons for cracked staves and bone chips and see how far they can get.

Also, has anyone here crying about how higher level players should move along from a camp ever themselves moved along from a camp just because a lower level player showed up? I'm betting no, at least not before they've gotten the drops they want.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:06 AM
Decaying Skeleton

its not person A and person B, its person A and person(s) B
A full party of level 10s trying to camp the Taskmaster in CB are barred from camping it when a single level 39 bard shows up because he wants a brass earring for his level 4 warrior twink. Meanwhile a similar instance is occurring at the Warlord spawn, the Slaver camp, the TR and the Tower. 5 or 6 out of 6 or 7, major camps in a major newbie levelling zone, in this instance the number one and first dungeon that every player making a wood elf or high elf has access to are camped by level 30s. So we have 6 guys owning the entire zone while 6 times 6 =36 players of appropriate level are unable to group for a camp and trying to solo wandering mobs while yelling lfg. their option? die in lesser faydark, solo in butcherblock (this is a group/team based game) or wait half an hour for a boat to come just to face the same issue in Befallen if they can even hang in the first hallway as most of them are level 5-10, now take that head out of your arse and realize that not everyone is a lifer in video games, many of these people are actual newbs and don't even know there is a boat, or a steamfont mountains, and are thinking, this game sux, I cant solo anything, I cant group anywhere and I don't know squat.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:12 AM
Decaying Skeleton

See, I've faced this issue to, and a lot in CB. We have a full group of level 14-18 camping the TR its mostly low blue and green, the treasure box here is the tower where Crush and dvinn spawn. Now we get a single level 24 mage who wants to camp the tower and says its a separate camp. heh, its not a separate camp, its the prize of the TR. So this guy is expecting to seize the rare spawns and the rare loots because the TR is gaining exp in one room while the treasure is in another, behind it. They clear and hold the TR to gain access to the Tower, then the mage who cannot split and solo this area reaps the benefit of their holding the TR and snags their rare spawn and its loot.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:14 AM
Decaying Skeleton

a party of lower levels vs a single high level, not a level 5 vs a level 50 for a spot. a group of at level trying to have fun playing as a team, and a single guy farming greens to swel his pocket because he cant survive in a group his own level.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulButConcerned101 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See, I've faced this issue to, and a lot in CB. We have a full group of level 14-18 camping the TR its mostly low blue and green, the treasure box here is the tower where Crush and dvinn spawn. Now we get a single level 24 mage who wants to camp the tower and says its a separate camp. heh, its not a separate camp, its the prize of the TR. So this guy is expecting to seize the rare spawns and the rare loots because the TR is gaining exp in one room while the treasure is in another, behind it. They clear and hold the TR to gain access to the Tower, then the mage who cannot split and solo this area reaps the benefit of their holding the TR and snags their rare spawn and its loot.
Was the mage there first or was your group? You’re allowed to camp any single spawn you want in this game. People have that right and it’s a good one.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:46 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Yes his name is Schade, I think that's how it was spelled, and a member of "Castle" I was grouped with at level members of Castle as he KS'ed members of his own guild, in other areas of the dungeon. He wasn't just camping the SBS as he claimed, he was actively trolling and ksing the entire zone. For hours, and I watched dozens of arguments ensue as he claimed the item was a 150p per drop farm, which is funny to me since the sbs has sold for 10-20 plat since the server opened, I have 2 in the bank both bought at 10p and offered to give them to him if he would leave, offer refused. Understand that these types aren't just ruining the experience for everyone around them at the time, but they are also destroying the economy by dominating a spawn point and inflating the prices of said item.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:51 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I've rolled 5 so far, and none of them camp anything that doesn't give exp if anyone is around that does. I left the wall group just yesterday in CB when my druid hit level 14, and pressured the tank who dinged 15 a few minutes prior to do the same, and then the 2 of us were replaced by a party of 6 level 9-10s. I couldnt get a group here now as the TR was camped hard. so rather than join the level 40 tards camping greenies and barring the 47 players in zone from being able to play I logged onto another toon and joined a group in guk.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:50 PM
Decaying Skeleton

No, its not a good one, and that's why it is being argued. This is what happened in my example... one of many...

I am in a wall group in CB, level 8-12ish, our shammy out levels the camp by dinging 14, and decides to join the TR group, which apparently is having trouble, a train here, a train there. 15 -20 minute later, hell starts, train after train after train. So I send my shammy a tell asking him what is going on, as these trains are wiping the wall group. He explains to me that there is mage trying to take the tower who cant hold the spawns and keeps dragging his adds in the TR while they are fighting, causing them to train out. and that they keep losing members and reforming, the exact reason he himself was invited. So I offered to camp my druid and log my mage in and help them, they said plz do. So get in there with my 18 mage, and they manage to grab a 19 chanter as well, and we easily secure the TR now, but the group leader is locked in argument with this mage in the tower, who is level 21. We get trained, Dvinn, Crush, a royal guard the prophet, and pop darish, with about 4 legos, an oracle or 2 and 3 to 4 cents. A full TR pop, and a full tower pop dragged on us by fleeing mage. My chanter sucked. We train, we train the wall, the TM, and the entrance on our way out. So I engage with this mage now, who admits to me he cant handle the tower alone by saying "I can handle it just fine once the spawn is broke" and so, I explain to him that we are not in the business of holding the TR, and breaking the spawn so a single guy who is within our level range but just high enough to solo the rare spawn, if alone, can take the treasure room in the castle at our expense, but he of course argues "camp rules" so the training occurs again. So this guy is using camp rules to usurp the rare spawns in the back of the camp that are defended by the TR while dragging trains onto at least 5 camps. So one guy using camp rules grieves at least 5 parties.. the TR, the wall, the warlord, the TM, and the entrance, not to mention all the solo lfgers around, ONE guy, higher level than the rest claims a camp and brings grief on 30+ people over and over using "camp rules" AND he gets to camp the rare loot in this dungeon while the group of appropriate level gets the table scraps, who were indeed there first. but now he leaves and is replaced by an even higher level necro, who can handle it but shouldn't be there as this group of 6 has been struggling to claim the TR and pull the treasure out of the Tower. "camp rules" now they are locked in argument with this necro about camp rules. in total some 20 people joined, were trained, then logged, just while I was there, not sure how long it went on before I arrived. outside in CB, how many people left due to being trained over and over by this idiotic arrangement that allows a single high level to snag a "camp?" in my wall group, at least another 20 over that time period. So understand that this rule is allowing in this instance alone, 2 guys to screw over and grief somewhere around 60-100 players over the course of a few hours.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:04 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidreams [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Id like just to vent some frustration. I seem to constantly be stumbling upon level-appropiate camps with a solo over-leveled guy camping it seemingly forever.

If you dont think its greedy to sit and farm a low level camp for loot, denying lower levels from actually xping and/or looting, then you should really take a long hard look at yourself.

Ive had a few experiences of which i wont go into detail as it seems to help nothing anyway, but the levels of greed and selfishness sometimes are unreal. I cant imagine you would be like this in real life. If you are sitting at a camp, solo and 10+ levels above the mobs, for more than 4 hours maybe you should just move on or take a break? Consider others are trying to form groups and xp at those camps but wont say anything because we just cant be assed with the arguement and hassle that ensues.

Please just be a little more considerate and perhaps move on to higher level mobs which usually give better loot. Thank you.
And you are somehow entitled to a camp because it's level appropriate for you? So I shouldn't camp drops because it inconveniences you?

Have you ever considered that higher levels are camping lower level camps for quest items to help their real life friends catch up? Or maybe they are finally at the point where they can solo it to earn some cash. If you'd ask, I'm sure you would receive an idea why. A camp is a camp and isn't up to your speculation only the rules set by the server. Half this server will steal camps - train you for them - or simply rage at you sort of like you are dping now on a forum.

If you don't like it... there are plenty of other games that hand you a ltitle glowing chest and high fives when you kill mobs... and ksing isn't a thing... and everyone gets experience and hugs daily and free shit in the mail to make them feel loved.
Closed Thread