Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2020, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

RPGCodex is garbage.
Old 02-08-2020, 11:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(A list of top-selling games from 1999)
What do I find interesting about that list? Age of Empires II has had very recent production--new production, not merely nostalgia rehashes. It's the game that won't die. It's number 7 on that list but I wonder if twenty years of gradual sales has perhaps pushed it higher.

Danth
Old 03-07-2020, 07:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samadhi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it me or does Pantheon look like crap?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-07-2020, 09:00 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

That's scary
Old 03-07-2020, 10:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by getlostgreg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahegao?
Old 03-08-2020, 06:28 PM
Banned

Old 03-09-2020, 02:09 AM
Fire Giant

Pantheon is not coming out btw
Old 03-09-2020, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pantheon is not coming out btw
Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I advise you to lower your expectations, and then lower them again.
Quote:
Why, 80-100 is going to be just an ever more depressing failure of all your body parts and mind
https://youtu.be/cIVeSZK3HIE
Old 03-09-2020, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

I hope pantheon succeeds because the devs deserve a massive payback and to live on an island with IRL elves.

I however probably wouldn't design the game the way they are though. We'll see. I am too much in love with EQ. I don't even want EQ reskinned - maybe just more original EQ style expansions/zones. If I had EQ to do all over, would be the same engine, same kinda models, same kinda stuff, but I would redo the classic world and give the cities more room. Add more classic 1-50 zones. Neriak would have a 4th and 5th section, quarter, zone. And spread out the loot more, make it rarer. There'd be a few more leveling zones themed around the more urban areas so that Dark elves could lvl up on the wood elf slums, etc. And it wouldn't have a PvE release. PvP only.

Barbs would get some more land.

There'd be a bigger city off of village off of EK.

The underwater areas would be fleshed out with reefs, less flat zone geometry, and more stuff. I would create a mer-elf city of prexus worshipping elves that when they were in the water their model would switch to a mer-tail, and on land they would get legs.

Faeries would be a playable race [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I believe this is the single biggest trip up to all the original EQ devs… they could not top their own first labor of love. They got caught in the dream.
Old 03-09-2020, 12:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I however probably wouldn't design the game the way they are though. We'll see. I am too much in love with EQ. I don't even want EQ reskinned - maybe just more original EQ style expansions/zones. If I had EQ to do all over, would be the same engine, same kinda models, same kinda stuff, but I would redo the classic world and give the cities more room. Add more classic 1-50 zones. Neriak would have a 4th and 5th section, quarter, zone. And spread out the loot more, make it rarer. There'd be a few more leveling zones themed around the more urban areas so that Dark elves could lvl up on the wood elf slums, etc. And it wouldn't have a PvE release. PvP only.

Barbs would get some more land.

There'd be a bigger city off of village off of EK.
I'm listening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The underwater areas would be fleshed out with reefs, less flat zone geometry, and more stuff. I would create a mer-elf city of prexus worshipping elves that when they were in the water their model would switch to a mer-tail, and on land they would get legs.

Faeries would be a playable race [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
I believe this is the single biggest trip up to all the original EQ devs… they could not top their own first labor of love.
A dream no one really expected to be anything big. It was a percentage of PC players during the years when PC was much smaller. Funny how it even got made considering the way things are done today. Maybe an 8 bit indie.
Closed Thread