Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 03:44 PM
Fire Giant

Sever populations were in until I wanna say... Velious?

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 10-24-2019, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sever populations were in until I wanna say... Velious?
Almost until Luclin launch:

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010911a.html
Old 10-24-2019, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please provide a screenshot of classic EQ showing numbers on the screen, and not a 3rd party app skimming numbers. This app did have a dev reply stating it was accurate, but at no time after launch has verant/soe/dbg provided verified live population numbers. Sorry, but your recollection seeing population numbers in the actual EQ login screen is wrong.
More proof that there are people on this forum who never actually played EQ back then, but lie and claim they did presumably because they think it gives them "street cred" on this board. As everyone who was actually there is well aware, server populations were visible right there at the server select screen for years. There are pictures of that login screen floating around the internet, including some that have been posted on this very forum.

Danth
Old 10-24-2019, 05:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More proof that there are people on this forum who never actually played EQ back then, but lie and claim they did presumably because they think it gives them "street cred" on this board. As everyone who was actually there is well aware, server populations were visible right there at the server select screen for years. There are pictures of that login screen floating around the internet, including some that have been posted on this very forum.

Danth
I will back this up. Brell Serilis ranged between 900 to 1200 players during pre Kunark, and Fennin Ro was one of the big winners with a pop ranging about 30-40% higher. Poor little Lanys T'val opened with like 750 at launch and then started dipping downwards. I don't recall when the numbers stopped being shown, but they were there initially for quite a while on the server select screen.
Old 10-24-2019, 05:35 PM
Aviak

i don't remember there ever being less than the range of 2000 people on at any server at any time of day back before luclin
Old 10-24-2019, 06:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please provide a screenshot of classic EQ showing numbers on the screen, and not a 3rd party app skimming numbers. This app did have a dev reply stating it was accurate, but at no time after launch has verant/soe/dbg provided verified live population numbers. Sorry, but your recollection seeing population numbers in the actual EQ login screen is wrong.
Okay

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-24-2019, 08:56 PM
Sarnak

Hey, I used to play on Brell!

...I feel like there were more people online than that. Maybe it was just a brave new world.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, I used to play on Brell!

...I feel like there were more people online than that. Maybe it was just a brave new world.
That screenshot is straight from the manual. This means it was made by an employee so it is likely to have been taken some time between 8am-5pm on a weekday. By all measures those would have been good numbers for that time and day.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Staff are even considering opening a 2nd server if the population on green demands it.
I think we're going to see some beyond single server classic numbers on 1 p99 server.

Tell more people about Green!
the initial burst might.

Never gonna sustain it, and I'm not confident in the burst.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Imagine being this aggressively wrong.

Server select screen def showed each server population for quite a while. Unfortunately back then when I was a wee teenager I didn't save print-screen screenshots of it to prove to people later.