Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2020, 12:21 AM
Kobold

Default Mage Pet Weapons and Armor.

Hello!

I am wondering how pet weapon mechanics work and what summoned weapons and armor to give my pet.

I see chanters give pets a torch but Im not sure why. Does an off hand like Summon:Wisp or a torch force the pet to duel wield? What are the best summoned weapons I should be giving my pets? Someone told me along time ago to use Summon:Wisp and equip that first for some reason.

Also does giving my pet summoned items like Coldstone give my pet the extra 5 AC? The Coldstone can be used in the neck, primary, secondary, and ammo slot. So if the pet can equip the Coldstone in neck and ammo thats an extra 10 AC IF thats how it works.

This brings me to my next question. In what order do you equip the items so it doesn't override whats in your primary and secondary slots. For instance I equip my pet with 2 weapons and tried other items and they overwrote what was in the weapon slots.

Thanks!!
Old 08-01-2020, 01:42 AM
Sarnak

If you're at a level where you can give your pet a coldstone, then there's only one thing you need to be doing: give your pet two swords of runes.
Old 08-02-2020, 03:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're at a level where you can give your pet a coldstone, then there's only one thing you need to be doing: give your pet two swords of runes.
Thanks for the reply! Ill stat giving my pets the swords. I see it has a proc that works on summoned pets. I read that they used to proc on everything in the past.
Old 08-02-2020, 04:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeeter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see chanters give pets a torch but Im not sure why.
Most charmed npcs high enough level to dual wield need something held in their offhand to do it. Torches are nice because they're sold by a common vendor (the general food vendor), cheap, low weight, visually distinctive, you only need to give the charmed mob one torch instead of e.g. two daggers, and I think you can use the torch to force dw even when the mobs wields a two hander.

I've heard summoned pets over a certain level dual wield even if you don't give them an item.
Old 08-02-2020, 04:44 PM
Banned

Cold stone and lev ringx2 + two summoned weps, cold stone does not give AC in the ammo slot
Old 08-02-2020, 05:08 PM
Fire Giant

Mage pets dw without giving them anything, I think it's after 29+? Yea. Might be 24, I don't remember.
45 Dark Elf Wizard - Smurf PVP
41 Enchanter - Jeffery PVP
37 Iksar Monk - Buster PVP
26 Human Ranger - Kenny PVP
RED99
Old 08-02-2020, 07:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeeter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the reply! Ill stat giving my pets the swords. I see it has a proc that works on summoned pets. I read that they used to proc on everything in the past.
They still proc on anything. I'm not sure why they haven't fixed it, or if they even can...
Old 08-02-2020, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They still proc on anything. I'm not sure why they haven't fixed it, or if they even can...
I thought that was fixed way back in early kunark?

Or am I reading that statement wrong? The proc used to dmg anything but it was fixed to only damage summoned stuff. I think
Last edited by Tann; 08-02-2020 at 08:05 PM..
Old 08-02-2020, 08:14 PM
Sarnak

I guess I should have specified... it procs against anything on green. Sounds like a fix is in the timeline, then?
Old 08-02-2020, 11:14 PM
Planar Protector

Buried a little bit but

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...74&postcount=9

So whenever they push green to Nov 2000 timeline it'll get fixed