Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 07:33 PM
Fire Giant

Default Thought on removing OOC and Yellow Text (red)

I guess the not classic argument doesn't really apply since we have accelerated exp -- you know at this point I would trade not having ooc and yellow text for a reduced exp rate.

Maybe the population would suffer but I doubt it, in order to make up for not having ooc people would have to add people to friends lists etc. How do people on blue do it? I hate finding groups in ooc anyhow, it's a red flag for some bored idiot to login his fungi twink to weed out the noobs.

Honestly what we gain from having ooc isn't worth giving the fucking retards a megaphone to constantly spew their shit all over the entire server. My ignore list is so long and it's the only way to make ooc bearable. Any GMs/guides who have spent any significant amount of time on red when people are playing probably know what I'm talking about.

Yellow text encourages plugging because elf-pride is paramount, if we can't find some way to code it so people can't zone plug then at least remove yellow text so that people won't be so shy to die all the time. I don't give a shit if everyone knows I killed someone, on live I used to merc people purely for my own enjoyment, if I needed to shame them I could forumquest with screenshots. Not having the leaderboards alone has improved pvp because now people don't care as much about dying because there isn't some shitty record that shows a one sided picture about how good you are at pvp. PVP has improved since the leaderboard went away, I think it would improve more if we removed yellow text.

Both of these un-classic elements have contributed greatly to the general toxicity of red in my opinion and while there are arguments for keeping both -- none of them really hold any water.

Besides, if you guys really do hate red it should be satisfying to remove both of these elements and to enjoy the salty tears of the garbage pail kids that occupy red.

I advocate for these things in the interest of the health and long term population of red.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:36 PM
Aviak

as a stop-gap solution: create a new chat window, and send OOC there. then, make it really small or off to the side or something.

i have all OOCs and /auctions split off into their own window so they don't flood group chat or my combat window.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:25 PM
Planar Protector

wtb locked single chat window
Old 04-02-2016, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

TL;DR of the OP: "Can we make it more blue please?"
Old 04-02-2016, 11:04 PM
Fire Giant

yes, because yellow text and ooc are what pvp is all about. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

i thought it was about having the ability to kill someone if you wanted, or to settle things without lawyerquest. if you want elfstrike go roll on the image/devnoob server. i played pvp on live, it was nothing like this. i was a pker too for years before i joined a pve focused guild, and i still pvped while i was in it. never had yellow text, or serverwide ooc.

short answer, ur dumb shut up
Old 04-02-2016, 11:15 PM
Fire Giant

actually i do want it to be more like blue, but more like blue in terms of being more classic. i do think yellow text encourages pvp, like more people seeking it -- but it on the same hand discourages pvp in the sense that people are less likely to want to be on the losing end of pvp (someone has to be) because of yellow text. so we end up losing more than we gain in the end with people plugging, and gating/running when the odds are not heavily in their favor.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:20 PM
Fire Giant

also i don't find the groupfinding aspect of ooc to be very compelling. join a leveling guild. hell the leader of thunderdome actively looks for level 1-5 and will come to you and invite you to <Thunderdome> which is a great place to be 1-50+, you still have trouble finding groups but only because of the population and other aspects of red rather than it being a problem with the guild environment.

plus it's a social game, make some friends.

as for selling, i see some of the value for sure but this isn't ECquest. (although it is part of it)
Old 04-02-2016, 11:20 PM
Fire Giant

Dude, who cares? They're both necessary and there's a reason the server implemented both of them. If you give a shit about yellow text on a dead server you're an idiot
Old 04-02-2016, 11:46 PM
Orc

OP: Global OOC and yellow text make red more toxic than it needs to be. Gives reasons.
People replying to this thread: shut up idiot.

Way to go, guys.
Old 04-03-2016, 12:03 AM
Fire Giant

Because if you play red you know OP is being an idiot and these things are necessary for the server thus will not change. It shows to his retardation that he posted this in Blue server chat rather than Red