Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-27-2019, 08:05 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuhr99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the case of 'active character message' I have had luck in the past by connecting to the red server and then going back to login. Not sure if this will help you. The other error 1017 rerun update is a different issue.
Just tried this, did not work. I am already on my max accounts available and my others were made back around 2009, and I don't have access to the email they were linked to or a way to reset my e-mail addresses for those accounts. The function is disabled on both the EQEmu site, and P99.

Really kind of miffed. Guess I have to go make a new everything. p99 has been my pub since I got a computer again... someplace outside of work that I could go get my fix and socialize, have some fun and meet people. This stupid error is like getting 86'd from a bar for making t-shirts for people (hey I'm that guy in FoB giving out raw silk btw!) Why hasn't this error been addressed / fixed yet?
Old 03-01-2019, 11:01 PM
Large Rat

Is there no fix for this? Have had "Active Character" message since i crashed while logging 20+ mins ago.
Old 03-09-2019, 02:31 PM
Aviak

Default Also having this issue..

Game froze, so I exited out. Trying to get back in about 30 minutes later and it's giving me error 1018. When I try to log into my other account, I'm told I have a temporary ban on my IP. Anything I can do, or just be patient and hope this doesn't go on for hours/days as some others have reported?
Old 04-04-2019, 07:28 AM
Decaying Skeleton

yeah I am experiencing this error now also..
Old 10-22-2019, 06:56 PM
Orc

Its got to be an issue with the P99Files50h (or whatever version) files you're running. I am getting the same error when i try to connect to Blue after having played Green last night without issue. Now, I can't log into Blue. I've not tried to log back into Green. I'm guessing regressing back to 50d will solve my issue with Blue connectivity. Also, I do not run EQEMU.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:00 PM
Orc

After reinstalling P99Files50d (overwriting the P99Files50h) I am able to log into Blue again.
Old 11-25-2021, 10:21 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Booooo.... just got this on green server. It's been an hour.....still can't log in [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I am able to create a new char on blue server, log him out, log in, tried green server again, still no-go [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]