Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 05:13 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Smile Hi there, I'm Psymon and i'm a freshie!

Hi! (I hope I placed this right!)

So I am really considering starting Everquest this weekend, I have never been into Everquest but it looks very much interesting, I have been playing WoW however.

Are there any tips for a rookie like me prior to the launch on Friday who never dwelled into EQ.

Thanks in advance! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-22-2019, 12:04 AM
Planar Protector

It will be a great time to start and ask questions because you'll be surrounded by all walks of eq life if you play at the start of green. There are many helpful and very experienced people out there. Many spastics too, and everything in between. Eq will force you group and interact with others so ask specific questions early in /ooc and listen as you go along.

Think of wow but every mob is an elite, and as you level, they're all red elites. Some classes can solo them but only using clever combinations of their spell mechanics. If that kind of skill cap is attractive to you, play a caster of some sort.

Though on the other hand, for all its complication, eq is really just a text based rpg with 3d graphics (I guess you can say that about any game really but hear me out). My point is, if you like swinging your rpg arms at monsters and seeing big numbers go up as you keep playing, a melee can be very satisfying.

Some of my 2 cp for ya
Old 10-22-2019, 01:01 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome! First off, Norrath is tough. Be ready for a stomach punch every now and then. Starting at level 2. It takes much more exp than level 1.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Midoo%27...r_WoW_Refugees

Sounds like it's right up your alley. Disclaimer: I haven't read it, but the title fits.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 10-22-2019, 01:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psymon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are there any tips for a rookie like me prior to the launch on Friday who never dwelled into EQ.
Avoid dying at all costs. You lose progress and you wake up naked and helpless and have to find your body to get your stuff back. Do not die.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome! First off, Norrath is tough. Be ready for a stomach punch every now and then. Starting at level 2. It takes much more exp than level 1.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Midoo%27...r_WoW_Refugees

Sounds like it's right up your alley. Disclaimer: I haven't read it, but the title fits.
Nice to read, thank you.
Even if i did not play WoW that much it generaly describes what was different to all the other MMOs i played during the last 20 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Avoid dying at all costs. You lose progress and you wake up naked and helpless and have to find your body to get your stuff back. Do not die.
Hey dude, it's EQ. How to avoid dying? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Asmodina - Level 39 Wizard << blue >>
Corvinia - Level 51 Druid << green >>
Old 10-22-2019, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome to project 1999,

Be sure to check out the https://wiki.project1999.com
It has useful information about the server.

Good luck!
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinistria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey dude, it's EQ. How to avoid dying? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fight next to the zone line and you know, be real careful. That's how I got my warrior to lv21 before dying to a bugged npc. But that's just bragging and neither here not there. My advice to him is based on his experience in WoW. He probably thinks he can just die and it's no sweat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-22-2019, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

I remember one of my biggest surprises when I went to WoW from EQ was the fact that when I killed a MOB with a weapon in their hand, I did not get to loot the weapon.

This was foreign to me and I didn't understand. I then realized that weapons in the hand of a MOB meant NOTHING in WoW. In this game, however, not only will you get whatever weapon the MOB is holding of you kill it, the weapon will also change the way the MOB attacks you.
Old 10-23-2019, 04:37 PM
Large Rat

I'm just getting back into things after a break of about 4 years myself. Caught the news of the Green server by chance, and I'm currently bored as hell of FFXIV (expansion story was amazing, end game content not so much), so it seemed like a good time to pick it up again.

Now to remember what I'm doing again...
Old 10-23-2019, 04:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicknevin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just getting back into things after a break of about 4 years myself. Caught the news of the Green server by chance, and I'm currently bored as hell of FFXIV (expansion story was amazing, end game content not so much), so it seemed like a good time to pick it up again.

Now to remember what I'm doing again...
Time to mash that sense heading skill key for days [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread