Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp00888 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know what items are best for my class as far as "classic" tanking goes, but I was reading an interesting thread where AC and Str are the best stats to go for. Made a lot of sense so was curious to hear everyone's opinion
Personally I am a "brawler" as well. Another perfectly viable option would be to be a "proccer" and go high AC Dex Sta instead, but no matter what your stat set up or preference is AC goes first and foremost to everything with stats being secondary.

That being said if you are going brawler your first purchase should be a pair of cobalt boots. High AC and a str buff that will benefit you all day long unless you have a shaman in your group.
<Divinity>
Old 04-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Sarnak

Assuming you can’t get to planes.

Arms: Crafted bought – or sebilite scale arms if you are aiming for proccer based. -0 400pp
Back: Hooded black cloak 3k
Chest: Crafted is perfectly acceptable and a really decent item but file in the back of your head that a Tree weave, though leather actually has more AC on it than crafted. Both options will run around 700pp
Ear: Diamondine earrings are ok if you just want to toss something in there but you really will want to end up at the sarnak fort in loio and get 2 sarnak earrings of station, 1.4k to buy the starter earrings.
Face: Cultural shines in neck and face slots for stats and good ac but you can grab a Targishin's Bone Mask for about 1.5k
Feet: Cobalt Boots, cobalt boots, cobalt boots did I mention cobalt boots? 500pp
Rings: Platinum Fire Wedding rings, cheap fast and good 450pp for both
Hands: Crafted do not suck, not with 5 str on them, 350pp
Head: Skull Shaped Barbute. You will bag it for MR gear even after you replace it 500pp
Legs: Crafted kind of suck, so chip in the extra plat and get sebilite scale or kylong greaves 1800pp
Neck: Runed Lava Pendant, you lose a little ac over fine plate but you get 6 str in return, invest the money 2.5k
Shoulder: Cultural shines in this spot too but if you aren’t the right race you can pick up crafted or crested spaulders for pretty cheap 500pp
Waist: You’re stuck with a crappy AC fbss, beg your way into sky as soon as you are planar and pick up a belt of contention when it rots. If you want to skip haste then pick up a TBB or Mithril plated girth for 2k
Wrist: Hero Bracer for 300, and probably a bracer of scavenging for 1500 (alternate low ac option, granite bracer for 2k)
DPS Weapon: Staff of Battle 1500pp
Aggro weapons: Pre 37: Obsidian Shards 200pp Post 37: Yaks 1400pp, whenever it starts proccing grab a sarnak warhammer for your primary, 5k

There, that is a perfectly acceptable non raid tank setup for 25.5k and if you want to aim for more dex, sta and hp there are a few alternate options for similar prices.
<Divinity>
Old 04-26-2012, 03:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp00888 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know what items are best for my class as far as "classic" tanking goes, but I was reading an interesting thread where AC and Str are the best stats to go for. Made a lot of sense so was curious to hear everyone's opinion
str has nothing to do with tanking other than being able to wear heavy gear and carry crap in your bags.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:45 PM
Fire Giant

STR should help boost your ATK, but you're not a DPS class so don't bother.

Focus on the two most important things to you:

AC/HP

Then:

Aggro

Get yourself some weapons that proc effects with lots of aggro (Journeyman's Walking Stick for example) for your level. Not all weapons proc at the same level, so you will need to look that up.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Kobold

Starting off.. This sounds stupid i know... but if u dont wanna spend forever leveling up unless ur gonna get PLed.. Go ahead and follow these [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Hp/AC/Str/Dex ( stupid right? )
My warrior went from lvl 1-35 without PL in about a week just off soloing junk even up to mistmoore n what not.
Cobolt Boots, Exe hood, Cobalt Gaunts, FBSS, Dual Lammis, Tree Weave, Diamondine Earrings, +55 hp rings, Azure Sleeves, Grotesque Mask, Mithril Legs/Arms, Spectral Bow( its free heh ) , +7 dex +7 agi neck, Cloak of Shadows/hooded black cloak...or just buy a fungi for that 50k and get a fine steel sword npnp lol.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Aviak

full crafted, lammy in MH, wurmy im OH, 2 5/55's, 2 diamondine ears.... fbss.
go go tanko!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

quit being fucking retarded and just buy shit in ec tunnel, its not rocket science, cobalt, planes armor on raids, kunark shit like HGH, fuck
Old 05-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Fire Giant

Confirmed rmt'er
Old 05-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Just bought some plat and was wandering what you guys would recommend buying? right now just have full set of crafted gear