Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 11:35 PM
Planar Protector

Default Decaying Skeletons in Toxxulia Forest

It seems like the Decaying Skeleton population in Toxxulia Forest is extremely low. A Maximum of 2-3 spawns in the north section of the zone.

Meanwhile the level 2 mobs, rats, skunks, spiderlings and fire beetles seem to occupy about 95% of the spawn points on the north section of the zone.

I ended up resorting to using sense dead to find decaying skeletons for bone chips and after getting 1-2 kills I generally couldn't find any more for 5-10min.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Default Infected Rats

I think this has more to do with the infected rat population being too high. There's simply way too many. I'm not 100% convinced this mob was in tox at this time? The quest they are a part of is a newbie quest in steamfont, any reference to them in tox i saw on zam was from later. One would think that if the rats really took up 75% of the spawn table in tox that someone somewhere would comment. To make matters worse the guards won't attack the rats. Tox is already a challenging newbie zone.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Tox is awful. Mercy on the pour souls who try to level up there fighting over the half dozen kobold spawns that will green out at level 7-8. There doesn't seem to be anyway for them to level up enough to make the jump to wisps/kerrans.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Kerrans at the entrance should be doable for a group of level 6-8's, I remember doing it with my erudite necro.

What level are the entrance kerrans?

Kerra Isle was revamped to be a little higher level at some point, if it's still high level that's not classic.
Old 10-15-2019, 10:30 PM
Fire Giant

Even compared to past level mob density on p99 blue, there is a distinct lack of mobs in Toxx. There should be kobolds everywhere in the newbie area and I can't find even one.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 10-15-2019, 10:38 PM
Banned

toxx is freaking awful, it's almost exclusively infected rats and skunks

theres like almost no level 1 mobs is kinda absurd
Old 10-15-2019, 10:43 PM
Fire Giant

Definitely not what I remember from classic days, or from blue. It was never great, but it was doable. Also the spawn time doesn't seem to be increased either here.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 10-15-2019, 11:13 PM
Developer

Made some adjustments, report back after patch.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah I made an Erudite Necromancer and have been trucking about in Tox for 7 levels now and I can vouch that theres a severe lack of skeletons there, so far I can tell there are only 3 skeletons that can spawn on the north parth of tox. I do Sense the Dead and find three skeletons, after that I only hit a skeleton Pet.

Another thing to note is that so far Ive killed "tons" of Fire Beetles but have yet to get one single fire beetle eye!

One more thing in Toxxulia, I am not sure if this is classic or comes along with the Paineel patch but I can turn in Useless Cloth Caps to the Skeleton at Paineel zone-in

https://wiki.project1999.com/Mining_Caps
Old 10-16-2019, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I made an Erudite Necromancer and have been trucking about in Tox for 7 levels now and I can vouch that theres a severe lack of skeletons there, so far I can tell there are only 3 skeletons that can spawn on the north parth of tox. I do Sense the Dead and find three skeletons, after that I only hit a skeleton Pet.

Another thing to note is that so far Ive killed "tons" of Fire Beetles but have yet to get one single fire beetle eye!

One more thing in Toxxulia, I am not sure if this is classic or comes along with the Paineel patch but I can turn in Useless Cloth Caps to the Skeleton at Paineel zone-in

https://wiki.project1999.com/Mining_Caps
I didn't play prior to paineel launch I don't think, and didn't spend anytime in tox. Anyone remember if that little dugout entrance to paineel was there, just without a zone in? From a lore perspective it would make sense to have skeleton diggers to open up paineel before the zone was there (I think?) Or maybe they're mining for something else...

I'd say these mobs and this quest probably wasn't in at launch but I don't really know.
Closed Thread