Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 08:24 AM
Banned

i don't have my war maxed here i just remember on live it was around 250, but clearly my point is made. a warrior is higher than a knight. want to keep arguing when I've clearly been proved correct?

Please do yourself a favor and go back and read the OPs question and then my responses and let me know where I have been wrong so far, thanks pal!
Old 02-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverixdamighty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope I was happy to answer his question before you decided to try to be a jack@ss. If he wants to send me a tell in game he can on either my paladin or my warrior. I wouldn't answer a question if I didn't already know the answer from having played both.
I didn't try to be a jackass. I asked how far away the moon is and wasn't happy with "far" or "a long ways" as answers.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:27 AM
Banned

so everytime someone asks a question on this forum you want a link to a website when it is commonly known information? got it. time to go to work have fun searching the internet for more information backing up my claim.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverixdamighty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please do yourself a favor and go back and read the OPs question and then my responses and let me know where I have been wrong so far, thanks pal!
"Far" isn't an incorrect answer when someone asks how far away the moon is, but it's still a pretty crappy answer.

And forget the OP. You've been talking to me for a couple pages now, not him.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
so everytime someone asks a question on this forum you want a link to a website when it is commonly known information? got it. time to go to work have fun searching the internet for more information backing up my claim.
If it were commonly-known information, there would be less disagreement in the wiki and on zam an... (gee, have I mentioned my first post in this thread yet?), more people would be able to answer with specific numbers instead of general statements, etc.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:34 AM
Banned

once again he wasn't asking for specific skill levels he asked a very general question about the difference between wars and knights. If you want to start your own discussion thread with logs/parses etc then start that up.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:36 AM
Banned

your analogies are reaching at best. do yourself a favor and just start a new thread or quit posting. next you will want me to log back in and print screenshots of skills.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
once again he wasn't asking for specific skill levels he asked a very general question about the difference between wars and knights. If you want to start your own discussion thread with logs/parses etc then start that up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maleick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as tanking goes, other than defensive stance does a Warrior have any other advantages over the knights that make them a better tank? I played a warrior on live and I can't recall. I loved my warrior once I got hategiver and bloodfrenzy but it was dreadful until then.
He didn't ask about specific skill levels, no. But he didn't ask for a TLDR summary of how warriors are better tanks than knights, either. I don't think it's not fair to think he wanted to basically hear "their other advantages are they are better" when he has already listed a very specific advantage that warriors have over knights and then asked if there are more.

Also, isn't there normally a forum rule along the lines of "don't start a new thread when one for that subject already exists?" Why would I want to start a new thread to get answers about warrior vs. knight tanking when this one is here? Who cares that it started off somewhat more generally and I've tried to turn it somewhat more specific? Do you think the OP is going to be mad that there is more information in here than general descriptions of the relative tanking ability of warriors and knights?
Old 02-16-2012, 08:47 AM
Fire Giant

But I give up, time to do other things.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:54 AM
Banned

The OP got his question answered within the first few posts. I wasted 15 minutes of my life looking up stuff that I already knew just because you decided to get chippy and challenge my knowledge of the subject.

Yes, I think if you are straying away from the OPs topic you should start your own thread to discuss the information you are trying to get.
Closed Thread