Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 04:44 AM
Planar Protector

If you really want to play the rarest class/race combo pick Erudite Paladin / Erudite Shadowknight. Someone did some research a while back and found that those were the rarest.
Old 07-02-2017, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

^ Erudite Paladin would be amongst the rarest of all race/class combos
sk is more popular then pally.

Funny enough Erudite plate graphics are actually not that bad looking.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-02-2017, 12:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Triiz, wow! Thanks for the feedback. Did you mostly solo with your bard?
Yeah, mostly by charming which is great if you like to play for 1-2 hours at a time. You can kill pretty much non-stop then afk for a few hours to "med" your mana back since bard mana regen is terribly slow. Bard is really fun in a duo/trio too though.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:13 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah with the age of that server the numbers get skewed. The main way I keep enjoying this server is making, gearing, and leveling new alts. I've been here since 2010 and I have 0 60s (Sacc'd them down). I generally get an alt to the 50s and then roll something new. I'm closely approaching the point where I need to start focusing on 60 on all my alts because most of my toons are 50+.
Old 07-03-2017, 04:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know you didn't ask me, but don't let the fear of having nothing to do at 60 deter you from playing a bard if that's what you want to do. The trip to 60 is a blast as a bard.
Yeah I miss playing mine. Far and away the most fun class I've played on p99. While not overpowered in the same way my 60 shaman is ... I'd argue my bard is comparably powerful in a different sort of way - it just doesn't translate as well to high end premier group/solo/duo content the same way. I honestly wish they had put in the 25 mob limit earlier. We would see fewer bards globally and more of the bards who actually played would understand their class to a greater degree.

All around stellar class. Group friendly, raid friendly, powerful (though labor intensive and skill required), and I'd argue still the fastest soloing class for xp in the game without aoe swarming. No self ports but selos + drum makes you mobile enough to zip around fast enough to minimize time looking for a port. From 55 on I could still manage to kill 10 dark blues (15 minute respawn) with a good 3 minutes of meditating downtime before repops happened - could maintain this for a good 2-3 hours before taking a prolonged afk to med up. Alternately I could do 6 mobs per 15 minutes and never run out of mana.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 07-04-2017, 12:56 AM
Kobold

Dakel thanks for starting this thread. It is really interesting.
Old 07-09-2017, 02:06 AM
Fire Giant

The great thing about this server and it's age, is it let me know exactly what sort of play styles most interest me. Back when I was playing live, I always assumed I'd like casters....my whole life I thought t sounded fun to run around in a robe and throw fire, and classes like Warrior and Monk never appealed to me, with their complete lack of spells and very straight forward play style. Turns out, my two favorite characters on p1999 are my 60 Monk and 60 Warrior.

I'd love to go back in time and play either of those classes on live, instead of my boring ass Druid
Old 07-09-2017, 06:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I miss playing mine.
I caught you on your bard in Splitpaw the other day!
Closed Thread