Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 02:23 PM
Banned

Default "Big Idea Thread" for the next p99 Bumfights!!1

Alright I know we got a bunch of creative, card carrying mensa folks that play this game, so if you attended last Sunday night's p99 Bumfights and you have any ideas/suggestions for the next one, post here and discuss! Even if you're a mouth breathing vegetable of a human being... if you have a good idea, share it!

Some possible ideas I heard from the twitch chat and the participants:

2v2 teams battles

opening it up to higher level characters? maybe doing a class-specific episode kind of like the BotB tournaments?

charming a lion (or a Shady Swashbuckler) and making people fight it

having someone with a good announcer-y voice (or at least someone on cocaine) do the commentary

possibly a different venue

meat giveaways

more ring girls

ring boys
With the community's help we can make the next bumfights the most epic bumfights that the world has ever bumfought!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-07-2015, 02:46 PM
Kobold

100 lvl 1s vs shady would be hilarious
Old 07-07-2015, 03:08 PM
Kobold

Here's a couple:
1)Get a list, create a bracket. Would help line up the next fighters, check for stats/buffs would speed up the process of the next fight
2)Timed weapon drops (3 mins, 5 mins, @10 mins have long lasting dot - last bum standing wins)

A true BotB is a completely diff animal and would require a TONNE more prep/planning.
Old 07-07-2015, 04:36 PM
Fire Giant

The Royal Bumble.

Have GMs/Devs create an item with knockback possibly with unlimited charges.

Have it take place in a square arena, if players are knocked out of arena they are eliminated (Players can police this and GMs can DT people knocked out). Also could take place on a Kelethin platform, people who are knocked off are truly eliminated.

Two players start in the 'ring' and then another person is added every 30/45/60seconds.

Order of players that start in the 'ring' and enter the 'ring' afterwards is decided by lottery or /rolling before hand.

Bonus points: Have 30 people sign up before hand and send you their intro music. Have a countdown for each player to enter the ring. Play their intro music as they run to the ring. Kelethin ramps would make a nice runway for players to make their intro. Although might be hard to find a good Kelethin platform for bums to fight on and people to spectate.
Last edited by Bboboo; 07-07-2015 at 04:38 PM..
Old 07-07-2015, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

1) Have a bartender who stays through the entire event instead of camping in a fit of pique over an iksar winning a single round early on.

2) Dragons should figure somewhere in the event, because when else are casual players like me gonna see any?

3) Bums should not be guests on the twitch stream, smelly bums don't get invited into those kinds of places

4) Find a way to make it so that monk is NOT the only class able to compete in these fights, or just disallow monks and let everyone else duke it out with their feeble H2H skills

5) Figure out a way to stop bums from regaining health because that made the fights last forever, and some of them ran around in circles so they could heal up.

6) Fireworks for everyone!

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 07-07-2015, 05:35 PM
Kobold

I like fighting a lion idea...like gladiator style!
Old 07-07-2015, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Give everyone a rusty to fine steel weapon appropriate for their class. Monks weren't unarmed w/ h2h. That's why they beat everyone.

A 5 dmg weapon will hit for 10 max, 6 for 12 max. Human monks were hitting for 8 max. Easily balanced.

xoxoxo - Harlots
Old 07-07-2015, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGraves [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like fighting a lion idea...like gladiator style!
This idea is hilarious and needs to happen. But make it a Kodiak, those are a bit higher level. Have all the bums attack at once, winner gets the kill shot.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:55 PM
Banned

I like the making them fight charmed animals for glory bit lol
Old 07-07-2015, 06:11 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

This may not be fitting of Bumfights per se, but I've always been a huge fan of Battle Royale/Hunger Games/Survival Gamez. You'd probably need GM help, but if there could be a way to have all participating lvl 1's meet in a specific location, then all get ported in random locations in one large zone and the goal is to survive by killing your opponents by finding weapons that are randomly placed on the ground by GMs while also avoiding high level mobs in the zone. The last man standing wins. This ensures that all participants get a chance to play and makes for some interesting things to come about.

The problem with that would be if it's not a private zone, you could have other (non-bums) running around trying to kill the bums by training them or whatever. Also, the weapons on the ground would have to be temporary or something of the like. I guess you could just shut down a less popular zone and only lvl 1 bums can show up on the /who list, and other people would get ported out. Spectators could watch via Twitch and Sirken could just float cam around, looking for the action between bums who encounter each other in the wild.

If you could somehow implement food needing to be found and eaten regularly, that would make it even more baller, but not necessary.

Anyway, just some "big idea" I had floating around. Probably retarded.
Closed Thread