Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 07:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by farladar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're worse than a Tenderizer video... please just stop.
Enlighten me which of my points were not correct and I'll stop.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:50 AM
Large Rat

Raato, it must feel good that about 90% of the people commenting on this post basically don’t agree with the crap you’re trying to stick on the wall. Just get off the forum while you dig yourself in a deeper hole and go get your free pixels you dainty snowflake.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccablack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rip in peace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by farladar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're worse than a Tenderizer video... please just stop.
The two funniest things said in this thread by far!
Old 04-11-2018, 08:46 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmoneybabybaby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raato, it must feel good that about 90% of the people commenting on this post basically don’t agree with the crap you’re trying to stick on the wall. Just get off the forum while you dig yourself in a deeper hole and go get your free pixels you dainty snowflake.
Funny that its only like 0.002% of the server population that is commenting this thread. And pretty much every one of them that are not agreeing somehow involved with shady shit.

I'm not trying to get them to agree what I'm saying, I'm trying to make them prove I'm wrong. I didn't make the rules or enforce them and it definitely is not my place to not agree with them, I just follow them like everyone else should.

I find it kinda funny when presumably A/A members saying that casuals are clueless about the raid scene or raid rules, but at the same time they are suggesting here that pre-slowing Klandicar can be considered as stalling, when in fact anyone can FTE and engage it anytime during and after pre-slow (which also has happened few times, CSG pre-slowing Klandi and Aw/Am tagging it from there). Completely ignoring the fact that in this case where they are comparing it the mob was being kited (blocking anyone else from engage) without even trying to slow it for some time.

And I'm already enjoying my free pixel rain over Agnarr, since this server really isn't a place for casuals who aren't willing to break the rules to compete for raid targets. There anything goes in competition, so if I choose to compete for targets there isn't any rules that are impossible to enforce properly giving the edge to the guilds that are willing to "bend" them to "win".
Old 04-11-2018, 09:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has CSG ever even competed for a vulak while AW/AM were unsuspended? if so I know they never actually pulled one with competition. Maybe Braknar can just make one of your trash pullers invulnerable until you can get it pulled to zone so you can put up some semblance of competition.

Or wait, you can just fuck around until AM gets one of you killed so you can get them suspended and have 0 competition.....

Have fun not working hard farming nothing you can be proud of ....that makes sense I think....
Herein lies the problem with P99 raiding, you think pulling a dragon to the zone in is how things should be done if you want to be a "good competitive raider".

Verant would have smacked this down so hard and labeled as an exploit if P99 meta tactics were the same in era. Killing a dragon was meant to be an investment of time and have risk vs reward.

Please GMs, take a stand against this! I'm not speaking to just A/A but to all guilds that use these tactics.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Herein lies the problem with P99 raiding, you think pulling a dragon to the zone in is how things should be done if you want to be a "good competitive raider".

Verant would have smacked this down so hard and labeled as an exploit if P99 meta tactics were the same in era. Killing a dragon was meant to be an investment of time and have risk vs reward.

Please GMs, take a stand against this! I'm not speaking to just A/A but to all guilds that use these tactics.
I'm sure A/A wouldn't have any issue with dragons being perma-rooted or making pulling to entrance illegal. These top guilds only pull to entrance because it's the only way to win the competition under the current rules. If one guild stops insta-engaging and pulling to entrance, the other guild wins. It's done out of necessity, not 'because they think it is how things should be done if you want to be a good competitive raider'.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:38 AM
Fire Giant

do europa members get issued a cross to nail themselves to when they finish their app period? I swear to god I used to respect you guys as a guild but somewhere along the line youve turned into the saltiest most bitter people ive ever seen. Its like you guys are physically required to say something about how youre all victims of the "big evil cheating raid guilds" in every post you make. You guys are probably the only guild I would never consider sticking a secret alt in because I dont think I could handle the pity party echo chamber of your guild chat/forums.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:05 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by raato [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enlighten me which of my points were not correct and I'll stop.
You do know you are exploiting the fact that you can preslow the raid encounter and doing this you prevent others from a clean correct engage?
Basically you admit that you are fte'ing a raid target before you have any intention of a real engage.
Wonder how many times you have violated the raid rules without any suspensions..you do remember the rule about not engaging a raid target without a ready kill force? You know the one that is there so that you couldn't stall engage a raid target, that is there so when you do fte you have the intention and ability to kill it, the fact that you need to and have been preslowing it most if not all times proves that you are engaging the raid target unsure if you have a force able to kill what you fte.

Let's just agree that no one is perfect and stuff happens, and I promise you that 95% of the times what you think might be intentionally bad sisu ( probably used sisu in the wrong context) on their part is nothing more then oops shit happened.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Ropes fired
Whatever sticks, I guess.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:13 AM
Sarnak

Even if there were no competition we'd pull dragons to the entrance anyway because it's just easier, faster, and less risky than clearing trash.
Closed Thread