Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordenwatch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also I never really understood why they refuse to name the people who have been banned.
I figure names aren't given because the staff doesn't want to be shaming accounts that were unjustly banned. If someone gets banned by mistake and their name shows up on the list, then even if they petition and get the ban reversed and get an apology from the staff, their reputation will have suffered irreparable harm.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:07 AM
Kobold

Awesome work guys, now all that is left is to get rid of bullshit account sales. Should have never been allowed, but that was your call to allow it either way. I think it has gone too far, and is only making the economy far worse than it should be.

Thumbs up for bans!!! If they have to start all over again, so be it... Next time they'll think twice.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Fire Giant

Smedy your gif is hilarious
Old 04-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I figure names aren't given because the staff doesn't want to be shaming accounts that were unjustly banned. If someone gets banned by mistake and their name shows up on the list, then even if they petition and get the ban reversed and get an apology from the staff, their reputation will have suffered irreparable harm.
If someone gets banned unjustly they will get unbanned and be ingame. Not sure how you can use this excuse. If the toon is in the game it means they didnt get banned even if at first there was a hiccup with something. Like say my name showed up on the banned list and then people saw me ingame. Think it would obvious that the ban wasnt intentional and people should move along.(just using as example all my accounts are clean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Old 04-11-2013, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If someone gets banned unjustly they will get unbanned and be ingame. Not sure how you can use this excuse. If the toon is in the game it means they didnt get banned even if at first there was a hiccup with something. Like say my name showed up on the banned list and then people saw me ingame. Think it would obvious that the ban wasnt intentional and people should move along.(just using as example all my accounts are clean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
And then you get the GM favoritism finger pointing.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If someone gets banned unjustly they will get unbanned and be ingame. Not sure how you can use this excuse.
Right. And there's no social stigma attached to being in prison if you eventually get acquitted.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And then you get the GM favoritism finger pointing.
hypotheticly if this was even true, wouldnt "the gm favoritism" be strong enough to not put the name on the list on the first place?

You guys really arent that bright. and thats about the nicest way i can put it.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right. And there's no social stigma attached to being in prison if you eventually get acquitted.
This is a game. Using a program to detect something not someone commiting a crime having a investigation then trial. If i was charged with murder and aquitted anyone that would actually think differently of me because of it they are not someone i want to care or think about so would have no effect on me. If i don't see a friend on here for a few days and then they pop back up saying it was a error then so be it. Thats on the people that made the error not him.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Cool The Project 1999 Anti-Cheater Division has spoken.

They've got bigger & better things to do than compiling a list of all the past cheaters they've caught. They need to focus on tomorrow's cheaters.

Quit bugging them with trivial name and shame BS. It ain't happenin'.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-11-2013, 03:25 PM
Banned

SELECT Playernames
FROM dbo.Accounts
WHERE AccountBannedInd = 1

Or some easy shit like that.. maybe have to join a players table to an account table I'm not really familar with the db.

Should take 5 seconds tops.

That said, I just wanna know a count, possibly broken down by guild during the last mass suspension! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread