Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 11:37 AM
Sarnak

Can confirm it was bda. And it was marvelous.
Chillout - Enc
Worlds - War
Old 01-10-2017, 11:44 AM
Aviak

Solution: Enforce Rotation on Class R. If you break rotation hello Class C. Welcome to the big leagues with A/A. Look another problem solved.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You already established in your first point that A/A were the only people willing to do the crazy socking/fteing/tracking and in other replies indicate it is the other guilds that are capable of downing targets (but unwilling to neckbeard it up) own fault for not competing in the absurdity of FTE racing. What changes that if they disappear? Do Rustle/CSG/FoH et al all of a sudden decide they want to waste hours at a time staring bored out of their minds at a wall waiting for a tracker to say (insert mob here) go go go? If that were the case you would have seen it happen this weekend...
Did I say the new top alpha dogs would emulate A/A and our wall staring races?

If they want to follow server rules, some would yes but otherwise like Brut said there will always be breaking points for the top guilds in terms of who they will allow to acquire their pixels.

I dont understand why A/A is demonized for following the raid rule protocol lol. Yes we race for mobs which involves looking at the spawn point but I mean its the current ruleset so...what am I missing haha

We used to play by even more unforgiving and hardcore rules that involved even more coordinated tracking so its hard to really understand the issue with the current ruleset outside of the sheer man hours per mob to which I always point to moderation and knowing your guilds wheel house.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did I say the new top alpha dogs would emulate A/A and our wall staring races?

If they want to follow server rules, some would yes but otherwise like Brut said there will always be breaking points for the top guilds in terms of who they will allow to acquire their pixels.

I dont understand why A/A is demonized for following the raid rule protocol lol. Yes we race for mobs which involves looking at the spawn point but I mean its the current ruleset so...what am I missing haha

We used to play by even more unforgiving and hardcore rules that involved even more coordinated tracking so its hard to really understand the issue with the current ruleset outside of the sheer man hours per mob to which I always point to moderation and knowing your guilds wheel house.
If tracking and parking were the only barriers to entry, you'd see every guild trying it out here and there. But that's not the only obstacle of it.

Exhibits A and B:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=261900

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=261782
Old 01-10-2017, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can confirm it was bda. And it was marvelous.
Then they got salty there wasn't one for Velious, declared the raid scene untenable because they had 70-80 raiders that weren't getting guaranteed drops anymore.

A bunch who followed them to Phinny don't raid with them anymore, you can see why. I think if the rotation hadn't blown up there'd be more of an appetite for one here. Maybe it can be done.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

I'm curious if some form of rotation came back if devs would remove variance. Also curious if A/A would support at least some rotations if variance was removed on those mobs.

Wasn't around when it happened, but was variance a result of the FTE racing?

I'm not sure if variance creates less spawns or more spawns on average.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm curious if some form of rotation came back if devs would remove variance. Also curious if A/A would support at least some rotations if variance was removed on those mobs.

Wasn't around when it happened, but was variance a result of the FTE racing?
FTE has been a thing since they removed the first in force rule. The FTE shouts were just put in to curb constant petitions about who had FTE (clearly to resounding success!) since before it was a tactic of one particular guild to tag a raid mob (without a force to kill it) that another guild was pulling and then petitioning the loot.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure it was BDA who blew it up. All Taken did was request guilds to sign up together if they raided together, as you have done now with CSG. I find it funny because when we discussed the Ring War rotation, I made it very clear this is still important for any rotation, and CSG agreed, as they don't sign up for 3 slots.
All class R members had a part in the rotations fall. We just happen to get the blame because we were the last push. Whatever, consider Phinny.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If tracking and parking were the only barriers to entry, you'd see every guild trying it out here and there. But that's not the only obstacle of it.

Exhibits A and B:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=261900

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=261782
You do realize there are many raid mobs in Velious and A/A can only be locked into 1 at a time right?

Regardless of any crazy loophole rule worry that may exist, once A/A are locked, it becomes advantage server for anyone who wants to contest the next spawn.

Also Awakened's suspension has nothing to do with competition, it was a locked Vulak spawn that the violation occurred on. Barrier of entry is just an excuse, the current meta is extremely casual friendly outside of the sheer hours of variance which is not the fault of A/A.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All class R members had a part in the rotations fall. We just happen to get the blame because we were the last push. Whatever, consider Phinny.
Yeah damn Moonlight Crusaders and Supremacy, how dare true casual guilds shit up the rotation by asking to be on the list. Better adjust it and have Gorenaire as the gatekeeper to getting on the list lol.

You axed it for a play for more pixels. It worked short term, collapsing a couple of genuinely casual guilds so you and your casually hardcore pals (Taken) could take 2 out of 3 class R dragons. That's why CSG formed, because the meta was zerging content.

How could Supremacy, MC, Divinity, or any of the other smaller guilds (read: the TRUE casual guilds) really compete at the time?

Answer: they couldn't (and you knew it)
Closed Thread