Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People r wasting so much time and effort on a Ravager that doesnt even play on this server and really knows nothing of new world rotations, lives in the past, stays on phinny.
I don't play on Phinny, but everything else is accurate.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Era that was brilliant. Yes that would have been a big piece in the puzzle.
Mind = blown. How teh fuk didn't I think of that b4?
Old 01-10-2017, 01:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nommis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we get a rotation going on Stormfeather? I really want an eyepatch but all these casual neckbeards won't let me have one. Think about it.
+1.

Casuals that camp stuff for 2 days... rofl. give me a break. Same shit used to happen with ragefire, lots of "casual guilds" spam clicking air to get their piece turn in. (not sure if still happen cuz i never went back there).

Give me a break, stop the bullshit talk.

Grow a pair, and git gud. If you need help with it, shoot me a tell ingame and ill help you but dont play the victim of the system type of person because that doesnt fly in the real world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
It is not a server that allows you to just show up and press the "free loot" button, and it's not a server that rewards you for simply existing.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Their server, their rules, their outcomes.
I would say their server, their rules, our outcomes. People should play the game the way they want to. If they have certain objectives they should strive for those as well?
Old 01-10-2017, 01:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by teija [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also need a Stormfeather but the casuals go to hardcore staring at this spawn point perma-camping this shit for days while I kill Dragons. boohoo lets rotate Stormfeather. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is true, players should recognize this is one of the most social games ever. If DAP went on strike how would that impact the server? If A/A were gone how much easier would it be to kill a Yelinak? If 'casual' players (who do not park out for mobs, track, or raid as much) didn't camp non-raid mobs how much easier would it be for A/A players to get the non-raid items they need/want?

If I went on Counter Strike to explore the maps I would recognize I might get shot, if I went on League of Legends to kill jungle camps I might get ganked. If I play EQ without tracking, parking, or competing on FTE line I might not get as many mobs? If I don't camp Stormfeather I might not get him?
Old 01-10-2017, 01:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

....We ( cant speak for Aftermath tho but I assume this sentiment is true) rarely care and most the time are happy when other guilds are killing shit/contesting. It would be foolish to scare people away because thats what keeps things fresh and fun.

I will say its much easier to live in fear and keep your guns clutched to your chest then step out and try some of this stuff.
Addressing the second part of this quote. Your totally right, it's easy to be scared and negative and stay in that mentality.

However, that being said. Fear should not be people's default mindset. And on P99, when it comes to raiding, it seems like it is for a lot of people. So many times I've tracked a mob, gotten a window, and all my friends and guildies respond with something along the lines of; "We will never get it, it's permacamped, A/A will just take it from us." etc. People are so convinced that it's pointless after seeing everything that goes down here with raid petitions and foot races, and lawyerquesting with fraps, that they don't even want to try for fear of losing through no fault of there own.

And if you really do want other people out there and contesting/racing in ToV, why not do more things like this weekend. (Not getting banned) but maybe picking four targets and A/A makes a commitment to only go for them and leave everything else up for one spawn cycle. Allowing the other guilds to have a weekend like this last one once a month or so.

This weekend was special because it removed that fear for a lot of players. Instead of the default mindset being "it's pointless, we won't get it." It became one of "Let's do this! Now is our chance!" And my guild had a lot of fun, and learned a lot. Fighting dragons was a pretty new experience for the majority of my guilds members. And boy did they learn some things about dragon fear and magic resists. And sure, it was a struggle, and we wiped several times. But in the end, our meager little, un disciplined crew, had 4 dragon notches on our belt. And that is awesome and was a lot of fun. So a big thank you to everyone that was a part of making this happen.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And if you really do want other people out there and contesting/racing in ToV, why not do more things like this weekend. (Not getting banned) but maybe picking four targets and A/A makes a commitment to only go for them and leave everything else up for one spawn cycle. Allowing the other guilds to have a weekend like this last one once a month or so.
Why don't we pick four targets and A/A makes a commitment to not go for them? But we have done this, it just isn't enough mobs for your liking, or it is not the correct mobs. On a regular basis, mobs are left up in ToV. They just happen to be mobs like Sevalak, Ikatair, Gozzrem, or Telk.. Maybe Lendi and Jorlleag some weeks as well. Also, rarely will you see A/A go for Wuoshi or Velketor.

Instead of taking the mobs that are left up, you argue for the top tier mobs.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Dragons are left up constantly- the issue is, they are not the "right" ones.

Leaving things up happens each cycle of spawns, its called prioitizing

I dont think people realize how poweful locked encounters are when it comes to distributing
Old 01-10-2017, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Help help I'm being oppressed! Come see the violence inherent in the system!
Old 01-10-2017, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why don't we pick four targets and A/A makes a commitment to not go for them? But we have done this, it just isn't enough mobs for your liking, or it is not the correct mobs. On a regular basis, mobs are left up in ToV. They just happen to be mobs like Sevalak, Ikatair, Gozzrem, or Telk.. Maybe Lendi and Jorlleag some weeks as well. Also, rarely will you see A/A go for Wuoshi or Velketor.

Instead of taking the mobs that are left up, you argue for the top tier mobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dragons are left up constantly- the issue is, they are not the "right" ones.

Leaving things up happens each cycle of spawns, its called prioitizing

I dont think people realize how poweful locked encounters are when it comes to distributing
So if someone on p99 isn't in A/A when do they get to kill non-trash content? When they croot, contest, and git gud? Or when A/A eats simultaneous suspensions at the whim of a fickle and inconsistent GM?
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Closed Thread