Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 02:45 PM
Aviak

People don't know how to manage aggro anymore these days.

I remember back in the day people were much more purposeful with letting aggro be established before engaging. Like, a mob would come into camp and the tank (warrior in most instances) would spend 5-10 seconds establishing their aggro before others jumped in. No one does that in groups anymore and then the rogue or mage goes splat and yells, "What the hell?! Why didn't you tank? Where were my heals?!" *hits forehead* This is the negative effects on simple MMOs these days... no one pays attention to mechanical nuances.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:45 PM
Kobold

It is quite frustrating playing a warrior, knowing that you have the best mitigation in the group and yet the paladin wont stop getting aggro (because he can), and the druid who is getting beat on wont stop nuking while I am trying to taunt it off him, and the aggroed mage is hopping around the room like a rabbit making me chase the mob.

It is true warriors often have a hard time tanking, but there are things the group can do to help out, to make the group work better for all.
Old 12-10-2019, 03:11 PM
Large Rat

Thoughts and prayers.

Joshtur / Bard
Old 12-10-2019, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polixa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is quite frustrating playing a warrior, knowing that you have the best mitigation in the group and yet the paladin wont stop getting aggro (because he can), and the druid who is getting beat on wont stop nuking while I am trying to taunt it off him, and the aggroed mage is hopping around the room like a rabbit making me chase the mob.

It is true warriors often have a hard time tanking, but there are things the group can do to help out, to make the group work better for all.
I don't know I never get frustrated like that. I just go /g STOP STOP PULLING RIGHT NOW STOP EVERYTHING and then I tell everyone what to do. If they don't listen I kick or leave right away. Waste my time with that shit...
Old 12-10-2019, 03:45 PM
Banned

yikes
Old 12-10-2019, 03:58 PM
Kobold

Reroll on blue. I saw a warrior in LCY with epic. Pretty good aggro!
Old 12-10-2019, 04:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonesler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People don't know how to manage aggro anymore these days.

I remember back in the day people were much more purposeful with letting aggro be established before engaging. Like, a mob would come into camp and the tank (warrior in most instances) would spend 5-10 seconds establishing their aggro before others jumped in. No one does that in groups anymore and then the rogue or mage goes splat and yells, "What the hell?! Why didn't you tank? Where were my heals?!" *hits forehead* This is the negative effects on simple MMOs these days... no one pays attention to mechanical nuances.
most mobs die in 10 seconds. Are you really suggesting that we wait an additional 10 seconds before starting dps? That will double the kill time... I'd rather just invite a hybrid where we don't need to wait for agro.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veeshan31 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
most mobs die in 10 seconds. Are you really suggesting that we wait an additional 10 seconds before starting dps? That will double the kill time... I'd rather just invite a hybrid where we don't need to wait for agro.
Seems like that's the trade off though. If you want your warrior to tank effectively, wait for an assist call and kill slower, or deal with hybrid exp penalty but have snap agro. Either way the exp flow doesn't change by much
Old 12-10-2019, 04:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoojitsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone who plays their class well is a good addition to any group.
I'll add to this....

Everyone who plays well and is a fun person to socialize with is always invited to my groups.

Bigsham
Old 12-10-2019, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

They are the most efficient tanks exp wise, they don't steal your exp like hybrids. There is one catch, the rest of the group can't have brain damage because there is much aggro management needed.
Closed Thread