Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 08:58 AM
Planar Protector

People aren't going to be upset about our soldiers getting over on a 30-50k a year pension. People on the other hand are going to be upset about someone not ever working getting section 8, food stamps and etc...

If you're not upset about more government then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe try China or Cuba tell me how that works out. Less government more yaabs let's do it..
Old 12-01-2017, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're not upset about more government then I don't know what to tell you
So a bloated defense department isn't included in "more government?"
Old 12-01-2017, 11:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're buying/selling within a year it's taxed as normal income.

Yeah conservatives get all worked up about welfare, but then you have military/dod people who make high 6 figures, "retire," go back to work at the exact same place in the exact same role for more money as a "consultant" and also collect on pensions. Just one of these roles could pay for maybe 50 people per year on welfare. Not to mention the revolving door of people who work for someone like the carlisle group, then head a government defense agency, award contracts to the carlisle group, and then go back to working for the carlisle group again.
Except that one person goes to work, where the other 50 don't.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

I am not for less government when it comes to fighting foreign wars. Are you mad that people who served are getting an extra 30k a year? Keep playing your video games kid... I am sure it's super hard to make 30k when your brain is fixuated on eq pop 50.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:15 AM
Banned

The only people who support welfare, are the people who live on it or some other kind of government support.

Get a fucking job or get the fuck out of the country.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're buying/selling within a year it's taxed as normal income.

Yeah conservatives get all worked up about welfare, but then you have military/dod people who make high 6 figures, "retire," go back to work at the exact same place in the exact same role for more money as a "consultant" and also collect on pensions. Just one of these roles could pay for maybe 50 people per year on welfare. Not to mention the revolving door of people who work for someone like the carlisle group, then head a government defense agency, award contracts to the carlisle group, and then go back to working for the carlisle group again.
My brother joined the navy during college, graduated with a chemical engineering degree, went to nuclear school, war college, learned Portuguese, etc. in the Navy. He was on submarines for 12 years and is now on his 17th year. He has moved his family all over the world and is in charge of some serious stuff. He would be making a couple hundred thousand with his dedication and education in the business world but he is only bringing in $150k in the Navy.

The pension he gets is a nice way of almost making up for all of that. If he was saving an additional $100k per year (he would actually save more than this because moving all the time has made it almost impossible for his wife to have real steady work and she was making $100k at one point) for even 10 years the growth would allow him to replicate the pension.

If you want to attract the right kind of people and keep them hooked for 20+ years you have to compete somehow. Not many people would say dedicating an entire families life with that type of education and work ethic is a free ride for $150k/year + pension.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:19 PM
Banned

https://youtu.be/ZkH0tmTfKbs

is it real!?!

you decide.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

I am happy that hippo's brother going to get a fat pension and work for us and get paid too. Thanks to him I get to make money on my own and play video games all while owning tons of guns.

He earned that right just so you know.
Old 12-01-2017, 03:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not for less government when it comes to fighting foreign wars. Are you mad that people who served are getting an extra 30k a year? Keep playing your video games kid... I am sure it's super hard to make 30k when your brain is fixuated on eq pop 50.
Then you're a sheeple. We're only fighting foreign wars because the DoD has to justify its budget.

You cut the salary for military personnel, you get less personnel. When you have less personnel, you fight less wars.

Fighting indoctrination into military reverence is hard though I guess. It helps when you know some thorough pieces of shit in the military.
Old 12-01-2017, 03:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only people who support welfare, are the people who live on it or some other kind of government support.

Get a fucking job or get the fuck out of the country.
I support welfare. I work.

Guess you're just a wrong idiot, again.

Wow!
Closed Thread