Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 12:45 PM
Fire Giant

When creating a new character, I have a certain idea in mind, of how I wanna play that - and typically that idea comes with a gender. Other than that, I choose by whatever character name I can come up with and whatever gender fits that best.

I play both male and female characters (since 2001) and I have never had creepy dudes coming at me... There's been questions "are you a girl in r/l?" but that's about it. Not sure if it might get annoying when you answer "yes" to that question... I normally do not ask people because I don't care what gender the player behind the toon is. And after making conversation for a while, I can usually tell anyways.

I think male players who argue "I am male thus OF COURSE(!!!) I play male characters" are insecure.
Old 11-30-2017, 04:25 PM
Kobold

The choice for my character has to do with the name and its meaning; something I'll probably go into more detail about later...and in a different thread.
Old 11-30-2017, 04:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gender is determined at spawn, much like race and other things are.

There are 3 genders in everquest: 0, 1, and 2.

Nilbog or Rogean can confirm.
Could you post the pronouns each number designates?
Old 11-30-2017, 06:55 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-01-2017, 01:16 AM
Aviak

Almost all of my p99 characters were born out of weekly D&D sessions with a group I've been playing with for 12 years now, and I've probably played 70/30 female/male characters.

I dunno, there are few stories about women out there - be it movies, books, comics, whatever, and so I like to hear and tell stories about women. Kinda lessen that gap, I suppose.
Gnome Cleric of Bristlebane [Auld Lang Syne]

Gwin-Ashar, Lady Rattray
High Elf Enchanter of Karana [Dio]
Sibeal Lysandris
Wood Elf Ranger of Tunare [Dio]
Old 12-01-2017, 11:12 AM
Sarnak

Most of my characters tend to be females as I associate myself more with that gender. I have played quite a few male characters in RPGs over the years though none yet on P99.

Found that I get hit on P99 a lot less than on live. Back then fewer people played characters that differed from their real life gender. Also probably by this age more players are married or have given up.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cibbwin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Almost all of my p99 characters were born out of weekly D&D sessions with a group I've been playing with for 12 years now, and I've probably played 70/30 female/male characters.

I dunno, there are few stories about women out there - be it movies, books, comics, whatever, and so I like to hear and tell stories about women. Kinda lessen that gap, I suppose.
Are you really trying to twist your perverted role playing fantasies into some sort of women's movement to spread girl power around a community playing an 18 year old elf simulator that are deathly afraid of female interaction?

Women don't need to be empowered within this community, they don't even know these people exist.

Just be honest with yourself, you are:

1) A cuck conditioned to hate yourself
2) A casual that wants free gear and power levels, or
3) A pervert

There is nothing wrong with that, you are in good company here.
Last edited by HippoNipple; 12-01-2017 at 11:37 AM..
Old 12-01-2017, 12:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you really trying to twist your perverted role playing fantasies into some sort of women's movement to spread girl power around a community playing an 18 year old elf simulator that are deathly afraid of female interaction?

Women don't need to be empowered within this community, they don't even know these people exist.

Just be honest with yourself, you are:

1) A cuck conditioned to hate yourself
2) A casual that wants free gear and power levels, or
3) A pervert

There is nothing wrong with that, you are in good company here.
You forgot misogyny. Only girls can be healers, only boys can be warriors, etc. I know for me personally enchantress makes way more sense than enchanter. Maybe just that I've known too many tricksy fems irl. /shrug
Old 12-01-2017, 02:26 PM
Kobold

My Weiner... I always remember this dude years ago who was playing asherons call I think, I asked why he played as a female and his answer was "her big stone tits"...
/cringe
Old 12-01-2017, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure it's which button I push. Take that any way you like.