Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 01:30 PM
Sarnak

If they decide to wipe the blue server clean, then while I might be the only one - I am pretty positive there are quiet others too - I would not return. What would be the point of a very casual player to play on a server that is destined to get scrapped after three years or so? However someone would want to spin it, I am not "dedicated" to a very archaic video game. Yes, I have wasted countless hours here and enjoyed it. But to start again and "work for those pixels", "poopsock", and all those other slang terms because someone considers that competition is not for me. If I am going to work hard, then it is for real life monetary gains. Hell, perhaps I will have enough saved to broker a deal with the owners of this server to build me my own personal server once I hit retirement.

So hopefully they will not wipe the blue server. But if they do, then there is more to life than this game.

Just my thoughts.
Old 12-13-2017, 01:51 PM
Fire Giant

I don't see them wiping Blue clean. It would disenfranchise too many people who have spent hundreds (or thousands) of hours here. I've only been here for a short time and I'd feel pretty beat up if they announced a Blue wipe. I can only imagine how people would react to permanently losing multiple geared 60's.

They have an inactive Discord server which has been down for a few months. Why not use that?
Old 12-13-2017, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

I agree. I would not start over on green if it had the same jenga tower of rules. They are just a thousand bandaids to cover the primitiveness of EQ’s mechanics. And Imagine trying to explain to a new player that you have to record every moment of playing because they might violate obscure rule #1877, or someone else might, and they would need to defend themselves in petition court or get suspended. They would probably say that sounds stupid and unfun.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:11 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wipe Red, wiped Blue. Launch two different servers. Both regular EQ servers, one with regular timeline and one with double timeline (2xduration for all patch changes).

Let nerds pick the pace they want to play and it should naturally separate different styles of play.

Also the next servers really needs no rules. The camp and raid rules on P99 are pretty ridiculous. Wild West and let people figure it out. I think people will be pleasantly surprised how great EQ can be when taking a carrion ghoul from someone else's camp doesn't lead to petition threats.

Just one re-99 server though would get very congested to start and stay very congested during Classic since there are really only 3 zones to level in post-40.
I agree, let the world play out!
Old 12-13-2017, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They have an inactive Discord server which has been down for a few months. Why not use that?
I'm pretty sure the physical server is the least of the issues. What's holding up Green isn't the server, it's A) waiting for the dev team to complete 100% of the classic EQ code (including the Chardok 2.0 patch), and B) waiting for the non-dev team to do all the various setup work that a new server requires (eg. establishing server rules, picking GMs, figuring out what happens to characters after the server ends, etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wipe Red, wiped Blue.
Go back to Agnarr and stop posting about how servers you don't play on should be wiped [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are just a thousand bandaids to cover the primitiveness of EQ’s mechanics. And Imagine trying to explain to a new player that you have to record every moment of playing because they might violate obscure rule #1877, or someone else might, and they would need to defend themselves in petition court or get suspended. They would probably say that sounds stupid and unfun.
What server do you play on? The one I play on has a relatively short rules page, only section 4 of: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=159515.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-13-2017 at 02:25 PM..
Old 12-13-2017, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
P99 is already past the population threshold you want on a time locked server. Specifically because everyone knows the best items, quests, camps and zones to go to. No one is grouping in Dalnir or Nurga on the regular. They're grinding in CoM and Sol B. This knowledge funnels people into certain areas and even though a 1000 pop server on Live back in 99-01 was fine, people were spending their time exploring and had no idea what was good.
Wouldn't people be forced to explore other zones if the main zones are over populated?
Old 12-13-2017, 05:06 PM
Fire Giant

Blue isn’t being wiped, you tin-foilers. With regards to infrastructure, I’m going out on a wide and sturdy limb when I say, they most likely can spin up another VM on the current hardware and support another 1k players without pegging resources.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:51 PM
Banned

My wish list:

Server 1) Blue server - Permanent
Server 2) Blue server - Recycle into permanent server after timeline is finished
Server 3) Red server - Recycle into permanent server after timeline is finished

Current red server would be transferred to blue server now before relaunch of the two new servers.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You're talking about a common sense solution to a server that sees fit to track Dozekar for 16 hour Windows and snap pull it at 3:30 AM on a Monday.

No, I'm sure nerds will just try to pile into Crushbone, then cry to a GM when one of the regular trash mobs near their camp is pulled by another group and petition.

In classic though I'm particular, there really isn't much alternate options for the 40-50 game. You're looking at LGuk (4 dead, 2-3 live), Sol B (4 camps), Kedge (2-3 camps), Seafuries (1 camp). It would very quickly get congested at the top end until Kunark. I'd love to see groups in the home cities slaying guards for EXP though. That would get me at maximum immersion levels.
Miss those WFP Guard farming days to get to level 50 back on Xegony
Old 12-13-2017, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You're talking about a common sense solution to a server that sees fit to track Dozekar for 16 hour Windows and snap pull it at 3:30 AM on a Monday.

No, I'm sure nerds will just try to pile into Crushbone, then cry to a GM when one of the regular trash mobs near their camp is pulled by another group and petition.

In classic though I'm particular, there really isn't much alternate options for the 40-50 game. You're looking at LGuk (4 dead, 2-3 live), Sol B (4 camps), Kedge (2-3 camps), Seafuries (1 camp). It would very quickly get congested at the top end until Kunark. I'd love to see groups in the home cities slaying guards for EXP though. That would get me at maximum immersion levels.
What about Mistmoore Castle, and I"m sure there's some random other NPCs hanging around.

But you're right. And it's even worse for the raid situation, if the server never advances forward.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Closed Thread