Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 12:02 PM
Orc

Default Kedge Keep Xp

I went to Kedge last night as a lvl 34 shaman with a 34 Enchanter as my duo partner. We cleared about 6 mobs and noticed the xp seemed rather slow (about 1.25 blues from 6 mobs). We decided to head to LGuk and after clearing 6 mobs I had gotten a little over 2 blues. On the Wiki, Shin Knights are listed as lvl 31 while Lancer Swordfish are listed as lvl 28 - 32.

It seems that the xp in Lguk got better than the xp in Kedge at some point. I know that there is another thread questioning a potential ZEM change in Kedge, but has anyone else noticed a recent change to Kedge xp (within the last 3-4 months)?
Old 11-30-2017, 01:27 PM
Fire Giant

It seems like a recent patch changed just how good the exp was in kedge, because I remember it being the top banana for leveling to 60 other than chardok AE.
Old 11-30-2017, 01:28 PM
Large Bat

I can't find it, but I seemed to recall Kedge getting an XP boost at some point on Live. When I played classic, no one went there either.
Old 11-30-2017, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

The wiki ZEM list was edited august 2017 changing the guessed p99 kedge keep ZEM from 150-200 to the EQMAC value of 100. (granted the wiki isn't always accurate)

There may be a case that it has been changed. Because I too have read and heard how amazing kedge keep exp is on p99. I don't see anything in the patch notes refering to a change. So it could have happened behind the scenes OR may show up on a patch note list to come. If there is a case.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-30-2017, 01:45 PM
Orc

It would be nice to know if this was an intended change or if it will be changed back. I was under the impression that the xp in Kedge was always better than the xp in Lguk due to the difficulty of the zone. This doesn't seem to currently be the case.
Old 11-30-2017, 03:01 PM
Orc

"The right mobs"? We are talking about ZEM here which would be an xp modifier based on the ZONE, not the mobs. If Kedge has a higher ZEM than Lguk, killing a lvl 31 mob in Kedge should result in more xp than killing a lvl 31 mob in Lguk.

This has nothing to do with "the right mobs".
Old 11-30-2017, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azoor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"The right mobs"? We are talking about ZEM here which would be an xp modifier based on the ZONE, not the mobs. If Kedge has a higher ZEM than Lguk, killing a lvl 31 mob in Kedge should result in more xp than killing a lvl 31 mob in Lguk.

This has nothing to do with "the right mobs".
Well, there is the mob difficulty/kill time vs xp yielded coefficient.

I think the point is, the higher level mobs in Kedge are relatively low on hp compared to their counterparts in other dungeons, so over the course of a session more xp is gathered as more mobs can be killed, even if the xp per mob might be on par or lower than elsewhere...

The other consideration is that the levels given for mobs on the wiki might be wrong.
Old 11-30-2017, 03:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, there is the mob difficulty/kill time vs xp yielded coefficient.

I think the point is, the higher level mobs in Kedge are relatively low on hp compared to their counterparts in other dungeons, so over the course of a session more xp is gathered as more mobs can be killed, even if the xp per mob might be on par or lower than elsewhere...

The other consideration is that the levels given for mobs on the wiki might be wrong.
The thread is about ZEM, not how difficult mobs are. There are obviously different factors in exp gain but this thread is specifically about ZEM.
Old 11-30-2017, 03:36 PM
Sarnak

I PLed a friend in Kedge from 27-51 several months ago and the EXP was amazing. I went back to Kedge about a week ago to PL a level 30 by killing blues, yellows, and reds, and the EXP was moving so slowly that we left, went to Upper Guk, and finished the PLing session there by killing only blues... The EXP moved MUCH faster.

IMO, Kedge has been nerfed. It's too bad since it is a zone that saw such little traffic anyway, that it is hard to imagine why anyone would go there anymore, with the exception of getting an Epic piece.
Old 11-30-2017, 03:56 PM
Orc

As Hippo noted, this is indeed about ZEM. If I spend 4 hours killing 6 mobs in 1 zone and 9 hours killing 6 mobs in another zone, but the ZEM and mob level are equal I will get equal xp from both zones regardless of time.

In Kedge, I used to get more xp for 6 mobs than I did from 6 mobs in Lguk. How long it takes to kill these 6 mobs is irrelevant to my original point (being that it seems that the ZEM was lowered in Kedge).
Closed Thread