Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-17-2012, 08:33 PM
Kobold

Default Getting to character screen

Putting EQ on my laptop and for some reason i cannot connect to p1999 server. I have done all the correct modifcations for the files, as i did on my desktop, but it is not working. I can log in and get to server screen but when i click enter i get a black screen and it says "not responding." i am able to connect to EZ server and THF with no problem. Any ideas on what is going on here?
Old 02-18-2012, 04:22 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

The thing that comes to my mind is that perhaps you have copied your EQ directory from your desktop to your laptop instead of doing a fresh install. If so, probablly the screen resolution you use in your desktop isn't compatible with your laptop.

Hit the options button in the loging screen and change the resolution.

P.S. And forgive my english :P
Old 02-22-2012, 02:58 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

What OS are you on? You probably need to turn off user account control to be safe. Google how to do it for your OS.

Also, make sure your router is forwarding port 5998 to your computer's IP, and that your windows firewall is either off, or you have allowed eqgame.exe and everquest.exe through the firewall (add them to the exceptions list). Make sure you also take into account any firewall software you may be running that isn't windows based.

Let me know if UAC helps.

Sorry about copy paste, but I think this is a similar problem?