Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 12:35 PM
Sarnak

Default Torp shaman keep Fungi or swap for something else?

Closing in on 60 with my shaman and trying to figure out if it will be worth keeping a Fungi once I have torp, or if I should swap out for something else. Any input on this? It feels like tank stats will be best with torp but I'm not real sure.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

What percentage of time do you spend at 100% hp?
Old 10-16-2019, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What percentage of time do you spend at 100% hp?
This is an excellent point, and I think the whole "a Fungi is pointless with Torpor" thing is a bit over-stated.

At the same time though ... personally I swapped in a Vindi BP, and gave my tunic to an alt, and I never even noticed the missing regen. YMMV.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

This is just how I've always considered it. Fungi regen converted into mana with canni 4 is basically as much mana regen as clarity 1.

How uber does your chest piece have to be before it is worth more to you than an extra clarity that stacks with everything? I guess it might depend on what you're doing. Facetanking some buff velious mob, maybe the stats on something like vindi bp are better. Acting as healer, buffer, slower in a group in seb or fear or something, maybe the extra regen/mana is better.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

Fungi regen would be basically one extra Canni 4 a minute. Is that a greater advantage than tank stats that would mitigate damage taken?
Old 10-16-2019, 03:05 PM
Banned

Life is good if deciding between fungi or vindi BP.

I'd prob be moving the fungi to my next alt, but that's because I'm rather poor and only own one fungi.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fungi regen would be basically one extra Canni 4 a minute. Is that a greater advantage than tank stats that would mitigate damage taken?
One canni 4 per tick is about clarity 1, just like I said.

I also basically posed your question already too.

Go parse it. Or believe the shams who commented. Or swap your gear like I suggested. Or keep repeating things and asking questions, I guess.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Fungi and Vindi BP are BiS for shaman
Keep the fungi and swap it in when you're not raiding or during raid downtime.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fungi and Vindi BP are BiS for shaman
Keep the fungi and swap it in when you're not raiding or during raid downtime.
Heh, I already keep my Dragon BP around and swap it in for the Vindi BP, just so that I can right-click Stamina. Would be annoying to have to carry three around ...

But yeah, if I had too much plat and didn't have the fungi that used to be on Loramin on an alt, I think a slight variation of what Baler said would be best. The truly BiS Shaman needs three BPs:
  • Any Velious one for the right-click
  • Fungi for killing more low-level stuff faster
  • Vindi BP for surviving fights with hard stuff

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is an excellent point, and I think the whole "a Fungi is pointless with Torpor" thing is a bit over-stated.

At the same time though ... personally I swapped in a Vindi BP, and gave my tunic to an alt, and I never even noticed the missing regen. YMMV.
I did the exact same. Got Vindi BP, moved Fungi to an alt.
Closed Thread