Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 03:42 AM
Aviak

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Prez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I honestly don't care what it is. I am pretty pumped and will totally be playing with a lil crew.

I am also hearing a lot of hype for RoZ 2.0 - We definitely got some pvp on the way.

Could RoZ staff use a lil Presidente?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-21-2019, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Full body item loot means everyone will need to use DA idols, screen drag, hug zone lines, and roll high burst dps gank composition.

But to be honest big guild vs guild pvp nowadays is just 10 people syncing pumice trains and running you down with selos and windstrikers.

Lets face it boys the game sucks, it always has.
Last edited by Stasis01; 10-21-2019 at 04:55 PM..
Old 10-21-2019, 05:01 PM
Banned

whole game is who has more rogues and monks, EQ PVP was balanced like absolute trash
Old 10-21-2019, 05:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

---- > item loot has never worked people would hit level 10 or whatever i forgot the level protection from pvp wore off and you got instantly griefed, looted, and quit before you even knew what was going on( I ended up on morrell thule)

lol... morrell thule! the haven of the craven..

I started my first eq during item loot, got griefed, looted, fought back, leveled to 50 (that was the maximum, back then) and had a great time. Because I was then and remain now a man.
Old 10-21-2019, 05:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccallawazzle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
---- > item loot has never worked people would hit level 10 or whatever i forgot the level protection from pvp wore off and you got instantly griefed, looted, and quit before you even knew what was going on( I ended up on morrell thule)

I started my first eq during item loot, got griefed, looted, fought back, leveled to 50 (that was the maximum, back then) and had a great time. Because I was then and remain now a man.
well I was 7 years old and played 2 hours a week so not sure what your point is

who were you on red again?
Old 10-21-2019, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccallawazzle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good post.

Also I'm excited to hear that windstrikers help run people down that means I can do a ranger on red 2.0 and return to my roots.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Not only were games better back in the day but people were less sensitive, people today feel like vanilla wow is hard, the game is literally built for carebares and there's nothing that can go wrong more then you having to spend 20 seconds running back for your corpse.

People are shit these days, item loot alone would def bring pop down to sub 100 within a few days. The reason it worked back in the day was

1. huge population leading to players having a reputation that mattered in the community, meaning if you were a fuckhead who would screw people over and steal their gear, chances are no one would really trust you and you would be exiled from the bigger guilds

2. games were hard, people were conditioned to deal with the heartache of losing

3. people didnt know the game so no one would outskill anyone by a mile, which today is different, we have nerds here who have played everquest for 20+ years and knows every trick in the book, combine that with item loot and any new player would instantly be discouraged to try it.

i am for item loot but i know it wouldn't work unless the server could substain a constant population of 1000 minimum 1500 at peak, without high pop your rep no longer matters and shithead nutswingers can join and leave whatever team/side they feel is getting pixelated this week, no sense of team makes the game faulty and ends up with one huge zerg of people who essentially hates each other but makes it work because they are getting the loot.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i am for item loot but i know it wouldn't work unless the server could substain a constant population of 1000 minimum 1500 at peak, without high pop your rep no longer matters and shithead nutswingers can join and leave whatever team/side they feel is getting pixelated this week, no sense of team makes the game faulty and ends up with one huge zerg of people who essentially hates each other but makes it work because they are getting the loot.
I pretty much agree. I think the green launch is going to tell us what kinda playerbase we are looking at. It isn't easy for anyone who isn't a psychopath to join up and start playing an MMO emulator from 1999. They look at it, cringe at you, and go play a normal persons game.

I'm hoping for a zillion pop on green which can support 1000+ pop on red. Not optimistically hopeful, just hopeful..like hoping a bad person has a heart attack and dies before more atrocities can be committed. If green is bursting at the seams, I think they will make a fixed new red server similar to green and hopefully with correct ruleset, which should have item loot.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:51 PM
Aviak

Smedy, shouldn't a low server population mean reputation matters more? You only have to piss off me and my two alts before no one on red will play with you anymore, and that's only because I'm really good at player/character separation.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kornaki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Smedy, shouldn't a low server population mean reputation matters more? You only have to piss off me and my two alts before no one on red will play with you anymore, and that's only because I'm really good at player/character separation.
he means they cant be picky because they need people to down content, so you have to bring assholes or you wont be able to down the mob
Closed Thread