Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nobody argues about Cazic vs Inny. Its pretty much a lock on Inny symbol.
I do /shrug
Old 10-13-2019, 09:09 AM
Sarnak

I've played an Innoruuk shaman and the snare neck was... not totally useless, but really not something you want to be relying on. If you have to use it to snare mobs so they don't run away and start a train, you'll hate your life. The cast time is long, the duration is short and the snare % is crap. If you had to do this on every mob over the course of a grinding session, you'd go mental.

But it still is a snare for a class that doesn't otherwise get one, so sometimes it's the thing that determines whether or not you can do some random thing you're trying to do. You just really, really want to find a proper snarer whenever possible. I absolutely hated being in situations where I had to use the neck. It's a huge hassle.

IMO the symbol is not as good as frontal stun immunity. If you do decide to go troll, the reason should be the regen. The neck is just an added bonus.
Last edited by Noselacri; 10-13-2019 at 09:18 AM..
Old 10-13-2019, 11:03 PM
Aviak

Default Green symbols-

Point is moot- imho

I started the newest Cazic disciple symbol bug thread that got it fixed in 49 patch.
The quest was just fixed.
But
In one of the replies the dev guy stayed that the symbol quests won’t be released until Kunark on green.

BUT
Try using fear kite on 50+ in HS and fear animal in PoM ...
Tell me how snare is better again? How all my dots do full ticks? How wiz n necro undead eat it... I dunno I find the fears are amazingly useful.
Show me a way a non epic 45 shaman kills spectral keepers in TT? Undead wizards eat it

But this was about green- if u look up the dev replies to my threads you will see

NO SYMBOL QUESTS UNTIL KUNARK
Old 10-20-2019, 02:45 PM
Orc

i have a epic troll shaman on red, my 2 cents.

the necklace sucks. even in dicey situations in the bear pits i never used it. the cast time is too long, the effect lasts too short. I stripped my shaman and went Ogre. I did autistic levels of research on forum threads, tested FSI for myself, and having leveled a second shaman to the high 50s it was worth it. You retain FSI through illusions (bear form, AON skeleton form, guise dark elf form).

I was skeptical, but trust me, it's a game changer.
Old 10-20-2019, 03:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

the necklace sucks. even in dicey situations in the bear pits i never used it. the cast time is too long, the effect lasts too short. I stripped my shaman and went Ogre. I did autistic levels of research on forum threads, tested FSI for myself, and having leveled a second shaman to the high 50s it was worth it. You retain FSI through illusions (bear form, AON skeleton form, guise dark elf form).

I've spent the last week going pretty deep into the ogre vs. shaman decision myself, which is why I know that from 24 to 38 an ogre shaman will have 72% of the regeneration that a troll does while sitting, from 39 to 49 it'll be 81%, and then at 50 it will be 78%. Throw in a rubi bp at 50 and it goes back up to 81%. The troll shaman, at 50, ends up generating roughly 20 mana per minute more than the ogre.

I think I've finally decided that the roughly 20% more hp regen, or 20 mana per minute, doesn't outweigh the nicer starting stats and easier time splitting camps and getting roots and slows and what not off that comes with ogre.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xano [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NO SYMBOL QUESTS UNTIL KUNARK
Oh god is this true? Say it aint so.

Blue Server
Aegnor Eldruin - 60 High Elf Wizard <Dial a Port>
Vizeryn_D'Raethe - 60 Erudite Paladin
Formerly of <Azure Guard>
Old 10-23-2019, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

My troll shaman has gotten very good use out of snare necklace. Full disclosure is it is a longish cast time and short duration. Despite the limitations it has saved my bacon (or my group) a few dozen times.

It’s a great situational click that gives the class an otherwise unobtainable (on demand) ability the class otherwise would not have.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 10-24-2019, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Was this before the changes to bash and fsi? How do you feel about the importance of fsi now that it only prevents stuns, but not bash-interrupt?
Old 10-25-2019, 11:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was this before the changes to bash and fsi? How do you feel about the importance of fsi now that it only prevents stuns, but not bash-interrupt?
Fake news, you can still channel through bashes.
Old 10-26-2019, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinaki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fake news, you can still channel through bashes.
I never said you couldn't. There's a difference between "can channel through bashes" and "never can get interrupted from bashes except for damage channel fail or push." The latter is what I understood to be removed by the recent fsi patch and what I was asking about.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-26-2019 at 10:38 AM..
Closed Thread