Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 10:08 AM
Aviak

Always hyped for everquest pvp, baby. Ill be there and on roz 2.0 too. I look forward to seeing your blood on my boots.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:04 AM
Banned

Red99 had vztz out of the box resists and xp loss on death

Population came expecting otherwise

Left accordingly

Gotta get it right
Old 10-17-2019, 11:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red99 had vztz out of the box resists and xp loss on death

Population came expecting otherwise

Left accordingly

Gotta get it right
Including the current resists on Red99 and not implementing the exp loss on pvp death for the next launch will take some time. ETA 2022.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:37 AM
Sarnak

r99 softies not ready for item loot. When my bud got my drums looted on roz I thought it was the funniest thing, and it gave the other team some much needed morale. They still lost the great 5 day battle for Cazic Thule.

Item loot would be fantastic
Old 10-17-2019, 11:58 AM
Banned

Doesn't matter if you think you're ready or not

It's classic and RZ had the highest population when the Zek merge happened for a reason

Adding more people to your guild and zerging means less item loot targets
Old 10-17-2019, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Your vision is running around solo on a wizard sniping a fungi.

Fucking disgusting.
Old 10-17-2019, 01:46 PM
Fire Giant

Please stay on RoZ/counterstrike with elves.

bye
Old 10-17-2019, 03:32 PM
Sarnak

RoZ has item loot. If you are making a bad comparison between a fantasy rpg and a 1st person shooter Red99 would probably work better with 0 consequence on death.
Old 10-17-2019, 03:46 PM
Aviak

Item loot really sucks on RoZ. I even looted a shield of rainbow hues off some zergling very early in the server, but realisticslly all Item loot did was gimp character itemization and make it so i didnt have to buy water or rations. No one with half a brain was losing anything of importance. Item loot should be full body, inevtory is just dumb.
Old 10-17-2019, 04:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotsalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Item loot really sucks on RoZ. I even looted a shield of rainbow hues off some zergling very early in the server, but realisticslly all Item loot did was gimp character itemization and make it so i didnt have to buy water or rations. No one with half a brain was losing anything of importance. Item loot should be full body, inevtory is just dumb.
People lost good items all the time including camped items, raid items, spells, blue diamonds, etc. It doesn't do much for you if you are just killing someone getting exp but it worked well if you killed someone camping items. Some great items were taken during raids. Normally a decent player does have good items on them even if it is just consumables worth a couple hundred plat.

Itemization becomes worse with body loot. You won't see people wearing much valuable gear. People will mostly wear no drop items with a couple items they bag for safety if an enemy enters the zone.

If you are talking about full body without being able to bag items that is more hardcore than I have ever seen on an EQ server. That would be interesting to see. I don't think zerging before Velious would be worth it with those rules so it would shake things up.
Closed Thread