Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2020, 11:00 PM
Large Rat

Default How bad is it leveling with the hybrid exp penalty?

I was thinking of rolling a troll shadow knight, but was wondering how much of a henderence it is to level with the 40% reduction in exp?
Old 07-17-2020, 02:54 PM
Fire Giant

It will be absolutely brutal. If you're talking about leveling on green...

Now, it really depends on what your goal is here.

If you're looking to casually play, not worried about getting to max level, just want to play a fun toon, Troll SK is fun!

However, a lot of groups won't want to invite you due to the exp penalty.
Old 07-17-2020, 03:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerdos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
troll shadow knight 40%
Uh oh. Should we tell him?
Old 07-17-2020, 03:53 PM
Sarnak

In all seriousness, it’s gonna take a lot longer, especially if you are playing with friends they will out level you by a large margin.

But don’t let it stop you from playing what you want. Come Kunark I will be playing an Iksar SK. I don’t even expect to get past mid 50s before Green (probably) rolls into Blue, but I’ll have a blast doing it.
Old 07-17-2020, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgo86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In all seriousness, it’s gonna take a lot longer, especially if you are playing with friends they will out level you by a large margin.
Not if you are actually grouping with said friends rather than doing the toddler style side-by-side but not actually interactive (xp is distributed in a group based on xp accumulated, not levels.) Your friends will hit levels first and will be 2 levels higher than you much of the time, but having a cleric 2 levels higher than your tank is not actually a bad thing.

Also, Troll SK is 68% penalty.
Old 07-17-2020, 04:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not if you are actually grouping with said friends rather than doing the toddler style side-by-side but not actually interactive (xp is distributed in a group based on xp accumulated, not levels.) Your friends will hit levels first and will be 2 levels higher than you much of the time, but having a cleric 2 levels higher than your tank is not actually a bad thing.

Also, Troll SK is 68% penalty.
Good point, and the xp distribution people tend to be afraid of when grouping with a hybrid is at its worst when the hybrid is the highest level in the group. It’s really not that bad if the SK or w/e is a couple levels lower.
Old 07-17-2020, 06:00 PM
Banned

troll SK its noticeable but if you like to group and lead dungeon crawls and look cool
does it really matter?
Old 07-17-2020, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

With the newly increased (dare I say non-classic) experience modifiers in many zones, if you stick to such zones you'll level more quickly than an unpenalized class would have pre-patch. My leveling rate straight up doubled relative to doing the same content 12 months ago.

Danth
Old 07-17-2020, 10:09 PM
Fire Giant

My ranger was a little faster 1-50 than my warrior, because I could solo a little while waiting lfg. Honestly, it was way easier to carry a shitty group on the ranger than the warrior. It was a little easier to get groups on the warrior, but not much.

The exp requirements are spread out over the whole group, so it's not like a 68% penalty unless you're soloing, which isn't really an option on a warrior half the time.
Last edited by Keebz; 07-17-2020 at 10:17 PM..
Old 07-18-2020, 12:30 AM
Sarnak

The brutal parts are the hell levels. When you can't see any progress after a few kills, it just feels like you're wasting your time.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Closed Thread