Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2022, 05:33 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default How to Determine if a Shield is Actually a Shield

My question is really centered on putting an actual shield on a cloth caster but this also applies to knights and warriors. I tried poking around on the wiki but didn't find a full list of "shields" so I'm hoping someone can help me.

I was wondering if there is an attribute that could be looked up for a given item (e.g. https://lucy.allakhazam.com/itemraw.html?id=9401) to determine whether or not a secondary slot item is actually flagged as a shield for the purposes of shield bash and AC bonus calculation? If so what attribute is it?

Are the items with "snow cone" icons (e.g. OOIV, Shimmering Orb, Cryosilk Webshield, Rokyl's Channeling Crystal) universally flagged as "orbs" or is there a known exception to this?

Is it safe to assume that secondary slot items, be they books/mugs/chalices/cups that have AC on them behave like offhand weapons with AC in that they don't allow shield bash to work and don't grant any special AC bonus?

If all of these assumptions are correct does that mean that the highest AC shields that can be purchased without buying loot rights for a cloth caster are Insignia Protector and Ornate Rune Shield?