Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by thessaya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the installer, saved quite some hassle. I do have a problem though. I'm getting issues with my dualcore, so i opened up the installer again to get the multicore fix. However, the newly created Shortcut won't start the game anymore, the previous one, called EQ P1999 or something still works fine, but the one with the fix in its name just does nothing. Is there a way to get this working?

E: I've just noticed the shortcut is trying to execute runEQ.bat instead of the patchme... one the inital shortcut uses. Is it supposed to be like that? Cause the runEQ.bat just won't do anything for me.
Yeah its supposed to run the bat file, its possible that windows is preventing it from running.. where is your EQ installed? Is it in program files? if so move it to C:\
Old 09-05-2011, 10:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dplachno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi, I am not sure exactly when this had happened but when I went out grinding on Friday, I noticed the box that say target, that changes color to the con of the monster and shows it's health is missing. I have reloaded the UI, then I re ran the install program and set it for 1 to do everything over and I still cannot get this box back. I moved all the other boxes around to make sure it was not hidden underneath one of them. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Open your options and go to keyboard bindings tab, look for the key combination you have bound to show/hide target window and press that.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Banned

Dude, while I'll admit the all in one installer tool is very nice for gett'n started

especially for people who have a hard time unerstanding the directions involved.

And I really hoped it would have cleaned up some problems i had with Eqlite.

And it did, and im impressed with the fixed map files. and sound files an many other things.

Its also alot buggier than Eqlite/wineq2 combo

Lots of CPU hitching regardless if I change from AEro to Classic,

I usually have to log in 2 or 3 times, because the first couple while I'm at char select and i hit enter. It'll just kill the program to desktop and i have to relog. Also and wait until the char drops from game.

And now i've got a bug thats got all the char models barely moving properly. its all screwy?

These are not problems I had with the previous installtion with Eqlite/wineq2. The only reason I used your tool on a fresh install was that I was getting tired of the log in bug that kept sayin unknown error alot.

But that is alot less frustrating of an error than all the new little situations your installer created =/

Any advice would be appreciated. I would like to keep using your version because it is cleaner and better put together, but well i mean we gotta figure out these couple kooky bugs?
Last edited by CastIllum; 09-07-2011 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: Added more
Old 09-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastIllum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude, while I'll admit the all in one installer tool is very nice for gett'n started

especially for people who have a hard time unerstanding the directions involved.

And I really hoped it would have cleaned up some problems i had with Eqlite.

And it did, and im impressed with the fixed map files. and sound files an many other things.

Its also alot buggier than Eqlite/wineq2 combo

Lots of CPU hitching regardless if I change from AEro to Classic,

I usually have to log in 2 or 3 times, because the first couple while I'm at char select and i hit enter. It'll just kill the program to desktop and i have to relog. Also and wait until the char drops from game.

And now i've got a bug thats got all the char models barely moving properly. its all screwy?

These are not problems I had with the previous installtion with Eqlite/wineq2. The only reason I used your tool on a fresh install was that I was getting tired of the log in bug that kept sayin unknown error alot.

But that is alot less frustrating of an error than all the new little situations your installer created =/

Any advice would be appreciated. I would like to keep using your version because it is cleaner and better put together, but well i mean we gotta figure out these couple kooky bugs?
I have not encountered any of the issues you are describing, and havent heard anyone else encountering those.

What kind of computer do you have? is it a multi core PC? What Windows version are you running? Are you on Titanium? Where is it installed? is it in program files?
Old 09-08-2011, 03:29 AM
Banned

Its an old skool, 4800+ 64X2, With Windows 7 Ult 64, And yes its a Fresh titanium install as of 5 minutes before i ran your installer.
Also on this pc. I have 2 partitions. 1 50gb Partition for Windows installation and installed programs such as Voice chats n browsers n stuff. And a 250gb partition for games, music, movies. pron. You name it. So thats where it is.

But these bugs are really really strange. See I used your installed uhh I'd say what monday afternoon? An played all day an night monday without a hiccup. Was phenomenal, (if you kept getting warm fuzzy feelings on monday, its cause I was singing praises to your work).

Then tuesday I went to log in and the strange stuff started. I'm at char select and I got the char i wanted to play selected and i click enter, and instantly the program closes. so i fire it up and have to wait at server select until my char went ld. then i was able to log in. But I was doing some things on my chars and jumpin between log in accounts moving gear an what not. And it happened a few more times.

Also the CPU hitching, I' honestly don't know if thats the game itself or what. Like It does not happen when i run around in uhh Birds eye view? y'know with the cam in one of the far out panned away spots.

I'm trying to say it only happens In first person view.

And the last thing. The char model issue. I dunno what honestly could possibly be the deal with this one, its probably the strangest issue of all. Sometimes i'll be running along just fine the char is animated properly. But then other times. He'll just get stuck. in random positions and thats how he'll move around. no animation at all. like im just floating around. And sometimes mobs im attacking will do the same. its very strange. And this Didnt start happening until Wednesday.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastIllum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its an old skool, 4800+ 64X2, With Windows 7 Ult 64, And yes its a Fresh titanium install as of 5 minutes before i ran your installer.
Also on this pc. I have 2 partitions. 1 50gb Partition for Windows installation and installed programs such as Voice chats n browsers n stuff. And a 250gb partition for games, music, movies. pron. You name it. So thats where it is.

But these bugs are really really strange. See I used your installed uhh I'd say what monday afternoon? An played all day an night monday without a hiccup. Was phenomenal, (if you kept getting warm fuzzy feelings on monday, its cause I was singing praises to your work).

Then tuesday I went to log in and the strange stuff started. I'm at char select and I got the char i wanted to play selected and i click enter, and instantly the program closes. so i fire it up and have to wait at server select until my char went ld. then i was able to log in. But I was doing some things on my chars and jumpin between log in accounts moving gear an what not. And it happened a few more times.

Also the CPU hitching, I' honestly don't know if thats the game itself or what. Like It does not happen when i run around in uhh Birds eye view? y'know with the cam in one of the far out panned away spots.

I'm trying to say it only happens In first person view.

And the last thing. The char model issue. I dunno what honestly could possibly be the deal with this one, its probably the strangest issue of all. Sometimes i'll be running along just fine the char is animated properly. But then other times. He'll just get stuck. in random positions and thats how he'll move around. no animation at all. like im just floating around. And sometimes mobs im attacking will do the same. its very strange. And this Didnt start happening until Wednesday.
Are you using the CPU fixed exe? The animation and hitching issues sound like they could be caused by that.. AMD processors are notorious for doing weird things with speed in EQ.

Choice #1 does not do the CPU fix (its option 5) because some people dont need it ( Intel systems dont seem to have an issue, at least i7 and Q series, Dual Core Intels still sometimes need it).

So run option 5 and it should make a new shortcut on your desktop, use that to run the game.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Banned

Well I did run your recommended selection #1 are you saying it doesnt do the CPU fix?

To answer my own question, I ran it anyways and no it doesnt do Fix #5 ad im about to log in now. But I have a good feeling if it didnt do the CPU fix then thats most likely what the problems were. While I wasn't zooming around the zone doin 90fps i was definitely having some multi core issues. the moment you said about it it clicked and i remembered the bugs i had back before i found Wineq2. Was the same typical stuff.

Anyways I'll re-edit this with confirmation if it was indeed fixed..

P.S Total sidenote. I don't use your UI(srry). Y'see Savok is a guildmate of mine. So I'm rock'n a custom Vert UI. But I noticed your spellbar in duxa has much bigger more easily accessible buttons. So if you could list exactly what files i would need to copy to slap that bad boy in my vert folder I'd luv u long time =D

P.S.S multicore fix. Fixed it. Thx sir =)
Last edited by CastIllum; 09-09-2011 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: Upated
Old 09-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Fire Giant

v0.14 - September 11, 2011
- Removed cartography fix option since Maps were turned off on the server.
- Replaced Update Spellfile option with Install EQemu Launcher option, since it will automatically keep th spell files up to date.
- Integrated spellfiles v14 into this build, but should no longer need to update them with EQemu launcher support.
- Option (5) is now legacy. Try using the EQemu launcher built in function to use 1 core first. If it doesnt work use this option.
- Removed non EQemu shortcut. If you want to bypass EQemu you can still use the Start Menu shortcut.

Note#1 - For current users with outdated spellfiles. Run option (12) this will install EQemu, and place a new shortcut on your desktop, EQemu will keep your spellfiles up to date. You dont need to do anything else.

Note#2 -EQemu overwrites the loading screen jpg, so if you would like to keep a custom one (from another expansion, or your own), then do one of the following:
1) Use EQemu just to patch whenever patches come out and rest of the time bypass it by using the bypass shortcut in Start -> Program Files -> EverQuest

or

2) Go to \EverQuest\Resources\ and make loadscreen.jpg read only, by right clicking on it and going to properties. With this setting EQemu will give you errors about inability to replace the file with the default one. But thats what we want, so just OK the error. It does not effect anything else at all.
Last edited by Chrushev; 09-11-2011 at 07:02 PM..
Old 09-28-2011, 06:08 PM
Large Bat

Quick, stupid question but how do I join a group with the Velious UI? Is there a FOLLOW button that I'm not seeing or something else?

Jaldir - 16 Erudite Shadowknight
<Still Waters>

Greenwich - 4 Gnome Magician
Old 09-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Banned

Last edited by dredge; 12-12-2012 at 10:45 PM..