Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-16-2011, 11:44 PM
Sarnak

Question can you play using EQ trilogy?

I read the start up guide and it mentions some titanium package. however, I never got that far into the game but I do still have the trilogy. is this insufficient to play this emu? I did play SOD/shards of dalaya fine using this method if it means anything.

thanks

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 02-16-2011, 11:56 PM
Fire Giant

No, you can only use titanium, or the SoF client (which doesn't really work too well either).

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:58 PM
Sarnak

alright thanks...

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Old 02-17-2011, 12:02 AM
Fire Giant

I suppose an explanation would work best. The reason is because you'll be lacking some files that could cause you to constantly crash in certain zones, when you see certain people, items etc. It's just best to be able to go with what they "support"

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:30 AM
Sarnak

thanks I will look into getting the new cd's...

just outta curiousity though what is different? I was under the impression the classic server here only contains pre-kunark stuff at the current time.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Hey,
I'm in a similar bind. I managed to find a copy of the ruins of kunark for $3. Am I able to use this at all or MUSt it be titanium or Secrets of Faydwer?

(Somewhere up North, there's a SoF in a box in my parents basement. Wish I could get up there....)
Old 02-19-2011, 01:58 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Must be Titanium. They are phasing out support for SoF as we speak.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:17 AM
Planar Protector

I'm sure you can find what you're looking for.
In the meantime, a break for prose:

wind and gale they
bit and tore with
gleaming teeth
torrential rain
did whip and lash
like a
dominatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:44 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

heh.
Clever use of prose. But no. I avoid torrential rains. I don't like getting soggy.
They are phasing out SoF? Hmm..This is going to make it really hard to find Titanium. I'm not mad or anything, just bit like gah! Bummer. What about Underfoot? That might be a better way to go. The cheapest I can find Titanium is $45 on amazon. Ugh.
Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated.
And truly, I am so glad for Project 1999. I'll jump through whatever hoops i have to.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by haaschnp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
heh.
Clever use of prose. But no. I avoid torrential rains. I don't like getting soggy.
They are phasing out SoF? Hmm..This is going to make it really hard to find Titanium. I'm not mad or anything, just bit like gah! Bummer. What about Underfoot? That might be a better way to go. The cheapest I can find Titanium is $45 on amazon. Ugh.
Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated.
And truly, I am so glad for Project 1999. I'll jump through whatever hoops i have to.
Woah is Titanium really that much? I won't lie, I would totally pay that much (and more) for p99, but you might want to test the server first and see if you like it before you commit that kind of money.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis