Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

Default Coming back to game, I main bard but want sort of an opposite alt

Thinking Cleric/Enchanter/Monk or something.

I like pretty much any role I just want to sort of get an opposite feel from the bard.

I do have a shaman but I am sort of over him.

The bard is very active, requires attention, powerful control, speedy, but can't bind, can't port, can't rez etc

So I was thinking I might go with an easy to play class which is either a full melee or caster that has some kind of niche that my bard wouldn't fill. Just so I can hop off one and onto the alt and sort of feel like im someone completely different I guess ;p

Also i'm not wealthy at all. Budget 500pp max.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:23 PM
Aviak

Is there a question in here?
Old 03-04-2018, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haghar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a question in here?
There isn't a question because I tend to formulate all my posts so that they are statements that leave myself open for important points that allow me to learn better.

I'm kind of like a sign language gorilla like that.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:42 PM
Aviak

Need to brush up on my gorilla sign language. To address your non-existent question, if your main is a bard I don't recommend an enchanter - they share too many facets. Monk is super fun and very cheap to gear. If I were you I'd go monk and not twink - earn everything yourself. Do the headband / shackle quests - venture to EC and sell bone chips for a trance stick, etc.

If/when I make a new alt that's what I plan to do.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

I think I might do that. Honestly, I know everyone says its iksar or nothing but.. I might go human because they look pretty nice ;/
Old 03-04-2018, 08:52 PM
Aviak

Blackburrow is super great. The gnoll fangs are amazing experience. If you choose Qeynos and go that route, I recommend BB until you can reliably kill (once you have a magic weapon/gloves) will-o-wisps. The greater lightstones are good money and experience near the NK gypsy camp.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:06 PM
Fire Giant

For something completely different that fills a role Bard cannot, from your list of given options and budget I would go with cleric for the following reasons

1) Bard can't really heal, their songs help over a long time but no class really heals like a cleric can - with the exception of a torpor shaman but that is endgame and expensive. It's nice having access to a healer, why not have a healer that can rez?

2) People love clerics, easy to get groups and cheap deals or free hand me down wisdom gear

3) Much easier gameplay than Bard. Sit down watch everybody else do stuff. Heal them from time to time, gets easier and easier at higher levels with complete healing and beefier tanks
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 03-04-2018, 09:12 PM
Sarnak

Monk is a pretty active class as well. Rogue is probably the easiest, laziest class to play and they are always in demand.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

Think i'm going to do a male DE cleric and female human monk both ;D
Old 03-04-2018, 11:26 PM
Fire Giant

Cleric or Druid sounds like a few classes that you would find fun. Druid for being able to port and cast sow. Cleric for a might lighter play style, but still necessary.