Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 03-25-2024, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

Long list of different spells so approaches can vary from one player to another when meleeing solo. If certain mobs are more resistant, dots won't land reliably even with OOS applied, which would take one song out of the rotation now and then. If a camp has harder hitting mobs that require the bard heal back up afterwards, than epic/sov procs won't be in effect at the start of each fight, so Jonthan's might be preferred over Rondo to make sure the bard is at or near 100% haste. If there are a lot of caster mobs, 59 denon's dot ought to be considered, instead of or along with mez, since it will interrupt spells while also contributing to damage.

Shield of Song is great, but IIRC it doesn't stack with Niv's and if the bard gets dotted, the rune effect shouldn't/doesn't protect against that damage, so it's situationally risky. Also, if the bard gets adds and needs to mez/kite in order to heal, they'll need Hymn/Niv's unless they have Singing Steel BP, otherwise SoS is quite good. But again, long list of options for the class, so your preferences and mileage may vary.
Old 03-25-2024, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

I mean there's no magic formula
You can choose 4 songs to adjust ur situation
Decide if u need to tank better or do more damage or both
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-25-2024, 09:47 PM
Planar Protector

Dispel/Highsun also rarely get mentioned, but stripping buffs can cut down TTK by quite a lot in certain areas.
Old 03-26-2024, 09:26 AM
Planar Protector

like i get it but why bother

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1232511853
Old 03-26-2024, 10:33 AM
Kobold

Mob selection is probably a lot more important than song selection here. If you're looking for melee fights afaik there is really only 2 prevailing approaches that a bard can solo high level mobs: Fear/snare kiting or mez/heal breaks (singing steel BP big help here).

For fear/snare kiting since you already have haste covered with procs its really just fear/snare and then as many DPS songs as you can twist in there without fear/snare fading. Shouldn't really need any healing.

For mez/heal breaks I would go full DS build with Rondo/Psalm and any other DS you can stack (clicky items). This is more gear dependent as DS and heal items are a big part of the efficiency here. In addition to DS you will want to slow the mob and then anything else you can twist would be a coin toss between hp regen and DPS songs probably tossing in HP regen like Hymn/Cantana as using a DoT song will be an issue when its time for a mez/heal break.
Old 03-26-2024, 11:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mob selection is probably a lot more important than song selection here. If you're looking for melee fights afaik there is really only 2 prevailing approaches that a bard can solo high level mobs: Fear/snare kiting or mez/heal breaks (singing steel BP big help here).

For fear/snare kiting since you already have haste covered with procs its really just fear/snare and then as many DPS songs as you can twist in there without fear/snare fading. Shouldn't really need any healing.

For mez/heal breaks I would go full DS build with Rondo/Psalm and any other DS you can stack (clicky items). This is more gear dependent as DS and heal items are a big part of the efficiency here. In addition to DS you will want to slow the mob and then anything else you can twist would be a coin toss between hp regen and DPS songs probably tossing in HP regen like Hymn/Cantana as using a DoT song will be an issue when its time for a mez/heal break.
I still dot, but stopping them in time to mez is an important consideration. Keep a timer for the 60 slow and stop your other dots with enough time to spare.

I think dots usually out damage ds if you can land them, but I should count how frequently I get hit on more fights.
Old 03-26-2024, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
like i get it but why bother

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1232511853
Everytime I watch a video like this and almost think "dang looks kinda rough" I remember that even the sweatiest bard gameplay is still less complex then even some of the simplest rotational stuff in other games

Realistically all he's doing is twisting 2 songs and running 5 feet at a time
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-26-2024, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everytime I watch a video like this and almost think "dang looks kinda rough" I remember that even the sweatiest bard gameplay is still less complex then even some of the simplest rotational stuff in other games

Realistically all he's doing is twisting 2 songs and running 5 feet at a time
yeah like that guy in off topic saying top end wow raiders would never make it in classic thru velious EQ

lmao
Old 03-26-2024, 02:20 PM
Sarnak

The best setup I've found is similar to vivitrons

Open with 60 slow dot with primary horn on.

Then twist:

- Denon's 59 poison dot
- Chords of Cessation (48 dot; does not actually slow)
- Niv's regen
- Hymn regen

The benefit of this setup is you can keep primary lute on cursor and easily swap in lute before the song hits. All the songs in the lineup are stringed.

With this setup + fungi + silver whip of rage, I can mow down a bunch of mobs pretty easily.

I need to get a primal + VP lute + essence mace to finish out the "battle bard" setup. This build + DEX is beefyyyyy

You will regen a bunch with nivs + hymn and those 2 string dots are solid dps
Last edited by busted; 03-26-2024 at 02:24 PM..
Old 03-26-2024, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

battle bards from mars