Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 10-19-2023, 01:59 PM
Fire Giant

The worst part about PQ is the fact we have to wait 2-3 years before we actually get to Luclin/POP.
Old 10-19-2023, 02:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The worst part about PQ is the fact we have to wait 2-3 years before we actually get to Luclin/POP.
True. There is always TAKP if you want a sneak peak of Luclin/PoP. You'd be surprised about one third of the population there one boxes and some of the Raid Guilds prefer one boxers.
Old 10-19-2023, 02:27 PM
Sarnak

Can't nuke red because (mysterious and shitty reasons)
Old 10-19-2023, 07:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IKR i wish they launched LUCLIN and stayed in lucklin for 3 years, than launched pop.
Old 10-19-2023, 07:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IKR i wish they launched LUCLIN and stayed in lucklin for 3 years, than launched pop.
preferably legacy items permanantly disabled... or only nongamebreaking legacy items permanantly in (stuff like manastone, guise, and rubi in perma)
Old 10-19-2023, 08:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Glad they didn't. It's improving things for everyone to have p99 beards grumble at the Mac DB.
Old 10-19-2023, 08:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Taylor Swift is rumored to attend the Chiefs game
Swifties really know how to shake up Live Nation
Old 10-19-2023, 09:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Glad they didn't. It's improving things for everyone to have p99 beards grumble at the Mac DB.
I would do a classic custom server.

Things I would change and keep classic

:Classic:
All combat stuffs
Spell resists
skillups
mob stats (ish +or -1 five %)

Things I would change:
I would redo each zone as if the world had progressed
i.e... good races exiled to erude, qeynos taken over by bloodsabers, RV overrunn by iksars (since so many iksar hunt the guards there, FP taken over by High elvs, neriak dark elfs would kick everyone out of Foreign quarter. I would use expansion zones upto pop to add custom 1-60 content some of it luclin power, some kunark, some vanilla

Re-itemize base game
new lore friendly quests
lots of new flavor text of npcs talking about the world and eachother when you do:
/say what about Mayor Gubbin to like a goblin lord if your friendly witht he gobbos

Lots of new lil secrets to find

Because there would be no wiki.

I would balance some mobs to be more melee focused, some to be more mage focus'd so they would have better resits or higher ac, or higher attack, or more hp, but low AC stuff liek that so it would be benificial to hunt certain camps as certain classes or in some cases you would want to bring a mix of players ... a war and rogue for fighting high resist mobs... and a mage for fighting low hp, but extremely high ac or high attack mobs... some mobs you would just kill slow, some would be very dangerous u would want to kill asap (having a wiz, or a lot of melee dps)

I would also nerf the heck out of legacy items and just make them normal parts of the loot

AND

finally

I would make charm very much more limited.

I think I would also change bards a lot too if I really wanted to get into it that class either needs melody or needs to ahave its songs limited/buffed such that you play one song and you have a 15 minute effect from that song and you can't play another for 10 mins, and it's like a 1 minute cast time. whatever would let bards pick uptime, so u would play a song situationally --- for healing if your gorup is low hp... or a single target dps for solo or vs one of those big bad high attack low hp mobs i mentioned above or something defensive if your going to pull a caster that will drop AoEs on the group
Old 10-19-2023, 09:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
I would do a classic custom server.

Things I would change and keep classic

:Classic:
All combat stuffs
Spell resists
skillups
mob stats (ish +or -1 five %)

Things I would change:
I would redo each zone as if the world had progressed
i.e... good races exiled to erude, qeynos taken over by bloodsabers, RV overrunn by iksars (since so many iksar hunt the guards there, FP taken over by High elvs, neriak dark elfs would kick everyone out of Foreign quarter. I would use expansion zones upto pop to add custom 1-60 content some of it luclin power, some kunark, some vanilla

Re-itemize base game
new lore friendly quests
lots of new flavor text of npcs talking about the world and eachother when you do:
/say what about Mayor Gubbin to like a goblin lord if your friendly witht he gobbos

Lots of new lil secrets to find

Because there would be no wiki.

I would balance some mobs to be more melee focused, some to be more mage focus'd so they would have better resits or higher ac, or higher attack, or more hp, but low AC stuff liek that so it would be benificial to hunt certain camps as certain classes or in some cases you would want to bring a mix of players ... a war and rogue for fighting high resist mobs... and a mage for fighting low hp, but extremely high ac or high attack mobs... some mobs you would just kill slow, some would be very dangerous u would want to kill asap (having a wiz, or a lot of melee dps)

I would also nerf the heck out of legacy items and just make them normal parts of the loot

AND

finally

I would make charm very much more limited.

I think I would also change bards a lot too if I really wanted to get into it that class either needs melody or needs to ahave its songs limited/buffed such that you play one song and you have a 15 minute effect from that song and you can't play another for 10 mins, and it's like a 1 minute cast time. whatever would let bards pick uptime, so u would play a song situationally --- for healing if your gorup is low hp... or a single target dps for solo or vs one of those big bad high attack low hp mobs i mentioned above or something defensive if your going to pull a caster that will drop AoEs on the group
Interesting ideas. Have you ever set up your own private server magnetaress to play with GM commands and generally muck around? Both eye opening and fun for a few days.

It's easier then ever. I set up two: an Akkadius and TAKP. TAKP was a bit more involved of the two to get upto get up and running for me for some reason. Akkadius worked like a breeze, but it is way ahead expansion wise past PoP. Def fun to play around with if you are technical like. It's only set up for one player but I supposed I could LAN others in.

A cool way to see EQ from a different perspective.
Old 10-19-2023, 10:30 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Been insanely useful having the era accuracy folks tell the TAKP folks what's wrong, for certain. Y'all have been awesome!

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle