Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2019, 01:03 PM
Fire Giant

I don’t really want it to rest in peace, Blue was just... pretty awful for a lot of years. Absolutely the best server available the entire time it was main focus of P99, but the 10 year timeline made it a solo twink + raiding server for the vast majority of it’s up time. I think that server style runs counter to the very idea and spirit of classic EverQuest and we should be actively steering people away from Blue.

So to hell with letting it rest in peace. It’s dead and buried, but we need to erect signs are murals warning people not to be tricked by it’s lies and promises of easy gear. Hopefully nobody in the future confuses it for classic EverQuest.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 10-26-2019, 01:10 PM
Banned

thinly veiled red server post.

"how do you like it after 10 years"

and so on

sorry new keyboard trying to break in my enter key
Old 10-26-2019, 01:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfuneral [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Theres only 20 people in EC on blue..............
There were about 40 at prime time Pacific on a friday night, with Green having launched. Not too great, yeah. But the novelty of Green will wear off for a lot of people and they'll wander back to Blue. I sure did after checking out the bullshit lazy quest nerf code they tossed in at the last minute without warning.

The game is called EverQUEST and the 1999-2000 exp values of 4 different quests I was attempting that didn't use mob drop items were completely crapped on. So it's a choice of spawn camping 2-3 noob mobs and still getting KS'd or... doing quests that have no rewards.

Eff that. Blue is officially more classic than green.
Old 10-26-2019, 01:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There were about 40 at prime time Pacific on a friday night, with Green having launched. Not too great, yeah. But the novelty of Green will wear off for a lot of people and they'll wander back to Blue. I sure did after checking out the bullshit lazy quest nerf code they tossed in at the last minute without warning.

The game is called EverQUEST and the 1999-2000 exp values of 4 different quests I was attempting that didn't use mob drop items were completely crapped on. So it's a choice of spawn camping 2-3 noob mobs and still getting KS'd or... doing quests that have no rewards.

Eff that. Blue is officially more classic than green.
I think they wanted people to actually play the game instead spamming Reebo. Seems like an okay goal to me.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 10-26-2019, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m not talking about your real life in your moms basement dude you clearly lost this one
We've got a real tough guy here.
Old 10-26-2019, 03:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think they wanted people to actually play the game instead spamming Reebo. Seems like an okay goal to me.
Look. I get it. A person can call out something critical that wasn't a part of the advertised product and another person can be enjoying that product and set in their minds "Well, I just need that person to be wrong to make myself feel better."

It's called white knighting and there's more of it on the boards than is necessary. I am NOT mad about the stupid bone chip quest. I get the point that with increased mob spawns that numerous mob drop turn-in quests would be outrageously broken. I AM disappointed that quests that have nothing to do with mob drops were hit with a blanket nerf due to sheer laziness which forced players like myself to join the retarded mob spawn camping with killstealing running rampant because no one is going to enforce anything when it's hundreds of people all trying to do more than 50% on anything that moves.

The quests I was going to use would have required me to spend about 5 hours to reach level 8, but without the hassle of attacking a mob only to have 2-3 other people's pets on it. But it doesn't really matter. I have blue to play on and all the others can continue to enjoy their custom crafted Funserver and call it Classic if they want. I'll bet the first person to get a Stein of Moggok at level 8 (or 4 if they know the other route) that gets less than 1/3 of a blue line bubble for doing it will be overjoyed for their effort.
Old 10-26-2019, 03:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m not talking about your real life in your moms basement dude you clearly lost this one
I hope that little pudge over your belt buckle is cancer, you fuck.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhord99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope that little pudge over your belt buckle is cancer, you fuck.
Sorry blue is ded brad bless your sins
Old 10-26-2019, 06:08 PM
Banned

Ahahahaha blue is more classic than green?

Ahahahaha! Wew!
Old 10-26-2019, 06:08 PM
Banned

BraD bLeSs
Closed Thread