Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 10:40 PM
Orc

Default Are open areas FTE

Ran into a very rude dark elf trying to claim an entire area of spawns in the hills of Queynos.

The sad thing was watching him sit there letting a pet aggro everything, refusing to group.
Old 10-29-2019, 10:44 PM
Planar Protector

Exp mobs aren't fte, no. It kinda feels that way as people cover a large area or chase wandering mobs and try to engage first, but some of these mobs can be claimed in camps (I'm no guide but the undead ruins in qeynos hills seems like a camp, the two ranger dudes evils like to kill near surefall would be a camp, etc) or individuals (if you park on the spawn). And trying to fte a mob in those situations would likely get you in trouble.

But a group trying to say a random circle of ground in an outdoor zone is their "camp" so you can't grab stuff out of it that they don't immediately engage on the spawn point isn't correct either.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-29-2019 at 10:47 PM..
Old 10-29-2019, 10:45 PM
Banned

it depends apparently
Old 10-29-2019, 10:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archythagoras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ran into a very rude dark elf trying to claim an entire area of spawns in the hills of Queynos.

The sad thing was watching him sit there letting a pet aggro everything, refusing to group.
DE is definitely in the wrong here. Technically rises to the level of zone disruption to try and monopolize spawns by running around having your pet aggro everything while you aggro other stuff and try and claim it that way
Old 10-29-2019, 10:51 PM
Orc

This guy was basically claiming the entire area outside of Blackfang Burrow, so they also dropped gnoll fangs, so not sure if this falls under xp mobs.
Old 10-29-2019, 10:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archythagoras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This guy was basically claiming the entire area outside of Blackfang Burrow, so they also dropped gnoll fangs, so not sure if this falls under xp mobs.
I'd be shocked if a guide/gm said you can claim those like, 7-8 gnolls that are in sight od the entrance as one camp, especially given the circumstances of the new server launch.
Old 10-29-2019, 10:56 PM
Fire Giant

In all outdoor areas, only a single spawn point can be 'camped' and be protected as such by a Guide or GM. If you are camping the dock dwarves in butcherblock and someone wants some, even though you have all spawns cleared? It's time to share. If you are doing the same thing in Lesser Faydark at the sister camp and someone wants some? Yup. Time to share again. Because only one can be an enforced camp.

I personally would never muscle in to an obvious camp location like the sentient suits in Wakened Lands or something but I'm only referring to the server rules and what a GM or Guide will handle. In the OP's situation, the necro was full of beans and should be referred to the rules, and learn how to share.
Old 10-29-2019, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

Really? A group that can handle it technically cant claim the ogres in wk as a camp? A solo couldn't claim both guards at a tower? A group can't claim orc 1?

An actual ruling to that effect would surprise me.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? A group that can handle it technically cant claim the ogres in wk as a camp? A solo couldn't claim both guards at a tower? A group can't claim orc 1?

An actual ruling to that effect would surprise me.
Technically another group could come and ask to kill one or more of the spawns. If a petition were created because the two parties could not come to an agreement, a CSR member could potentially show up and force a compromise between the two such as splitting the camp in half.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In all outdoor areas, only a single spawn point can be 'camped' and be protected as such by a Guide or GM. If you are camping the dock dwarves in butcherblock and someone wants some, even though you have all spawns cleared? It's time to share.
I’m laughing since on Blue a few months back I said this exact same thing to a Kittens member who was refusing to share not only any of the Kaladim Citizen dwarves, but was also laying claim to the fishermen.

When I discussed this with multiple Kittens officers, their response was essentially to shrug and laugh at me and say good luck if I wanted to try and petition.
Closed Thread