Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2019, 10:09 PM
Sarnak

Default Green - Warrior when to dual wield

I’m looking for advice on warrior gearing. I’m almost lvl 13 and will get dual wield but I’m running some basic #s and it seems like my 2HS (Dwarven 2handed axe 14/43) will do better dmg and therefore generate more aggro vs 2 1HS weaps until at least early 20s. I’m looking for feedback on if my logic is false and 2HS will be surpassed by dual wield earlier or there’s some other (snap aggro?) benefit to fast weapons vs high ratio.
Old 11-30-2019, 11:20 PM
Sarnak

You'll start to discover that dual wielding generates better aggro starting around level 37 or so, and it's blatantly obvious by level 40 that dual wielding (at least with decent weapons) is better aggro than almost any two-hander you can use. The mithril two-handed sword from Lguk is probably an exception, but realistically, you probably won't have access to this weapon.

My advice: use a good two-hander until 37, then use a good dual wield setup from there all the way to 50. Strive to get good weapons like polished steel dirk / silvery scimitar / etc.
Closed Thread