Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 09:38 AM
Sarnak

Default Necro 25-35 old world

Hey y’all. I know everyone always says necros are one of the best / fastest solo’ers so in preparation for green I’m rolling through an old world, solo only play through ALS style with no twinking or more importantly no buying from players. I’ve not been able to gather all the words for the 24 pet and having a really tough time finding an out of the way camp in the old world. Anyone have any suggestions for 25-30 (that doesn’t include bards). 25 is still a bit low for the tesch mas gnolls and aviaks are doable but a pain to find the right con. Sol a ent was ok but only the level 20 pet it’s tough. Unrest would be ideal but it’s obviously super camped at all times.. I’m sure once I reach 29 a lot more options will become available but really struggling 25-29ish.
Old 07-22-2019, 05:23 AM
Planar Protector

Might be able to lock down a room in upper guk to grind, or weaker mobs in lower guk.

Giant Skeletons in Rathe Mtns are 24-27 and not usually highly contested. Bonus pts for being able to use undead stuff and increase bone chip stock.

I remember Wooly Mammoths in Everfrost being pretty good xp. They are level 22-26 according to wiki. On green, you also won't need to deal with tainted or corrupted mammoths spawning since epic quests wont be in until Kunark.

Dwarves on Sister island in OOT around 30ish I think? Though it's well know, so possibly camped often.
Old 07-22-2019, 05:54 AM
Fire Giant

back in 1999, my necro soloed a single spectr spawn in feerott. it is one static spawn near rathe mountain zoneline, but i forgot the loc.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:51 PM
Fire Giant

Once I hit 24 on my necro off of elven scouts / rangers in Timorous Deep, I went straight to Ocean of Tears to whack sisters there. The pair that spawn with swords are perma camped, but there's the one by the dock and another by a tree nearby and both are on 6:00 min timers. I whacked those and then rotated sisters out from the hut with the vendor using feign death to split. They're pretty much never camped - it's the sword sisters that get all the attention.

I camped them to 29, then headed back to kunark for Swamp of No Hope for iksar exiles or whatever near Trak's Teeth zoneline. I hit 34 off of them and then killed guards in West Karana to 41, and then whacked dwarves in butcherblock from 41 straight to 49. All outdoor camping, all with plenty of room, with steady exp. West karana & butcherblock both had vendors that would sell to a necro w/o skele form.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

luv sum guk
Old 07-24-2019, 12:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dwarves on Sister island in OOT around 30ish I think? Though it's well know, so possibly camped often.
They are level 24/25. In addition to the 3 Dwarves on the island, several of the Sisters at the dock can be camped too, they are the same level range. I went from level 24 to 35 on that one island playing a Necro back in the day. Great place!
Old 07-24-2019, 04:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are level 24/25. In addition to the 3 Dwarves on the island, several of the Sisters at the dock can be camped too, they are the same level range. I went from level 24 to 35 on that one island playing a Necro back in the day. Great place!
Oh cool. I thought they were more upper 20s. Been quite a long time since I camped the island.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:31 AM
Sarnak

On live, when the population of Bristlebane was around 2000 people per night, I soloed my necro at the Aviak Guards in Lake Rathe, just outside the arena. When I was a bit higher (29ish), I went to South Karana and soloed the duo Treant spawn. The pp was pretty good for the level. Around 34 I hit up the Ancient Croc camp in Upper Guk to get myself a set of the Gatorscale Sleeves and at 39 I started killing the dwarves in BB (Den and Friends).

Is this the absolute best way to level? Probably not, but I often found that these camps were uncontested (except for the Ancient Croc camp), unlike spectres which still seem to be camped fairly often. I can only imagine that on Green they will be perma-camped until Kunark comes out.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

bit late, sure you are past this but Paineel Guards 25-34 could take you just a few days
Old 08-08-2019, 03:32 PM
Kobold

Treants were my absolute favorite. good exp easy to cycle and always entertained from the quilmane shit show. also this guide is super helpful.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Sesserdr...Strategy_Guide
Closed Thread