Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 05:42 PM
Skeleton

Default Aggro Calculator

Here's an aggro calculator for all levels.

Just plug in your level, haste, and dexterity with the weapons you want to evaluate.

Make a copy if you don't want someone overwriting your changes/work. If anyone gets the urge to fill out the table with lots of weapons, I'm sure people would appreciate it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 12-03-2019, 09:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's an aggro calculator for all levels.

Just plug in your level, haste, and dexterity with the weapons you want to evaluate.

Make a copy if you don't want someone overwriting your changes/work. If anyone gets the urge to fill out the table with lots of weapons, I'm sure people would appreciate it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Hey thanks for sharing this with the community! This is actually really well done!
Old 12-05-2019, 10:26 PM
Sarnak

If I may issue a correction, Axe of the Slayers produces little to no aggro upon proc. I say this from experience as a green warrior who used it for about 10 levels (from 30 - 40). It's definitely not going to rival SSoY in terms of hate like this tool implies.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:35 PM
Skeleton

I just filled in based on the old chart. Update the numbers if you disagree with them. I really don't know how much aggro that proc is.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwL...FEendhdWs/edit
Old 12-17-2019, 10:05 AM
Skeleton

One big problem in my mind with this calculator is that it suggests massive low-level aggro from the offhand, even with low dual wield skills. I would take those secondary numbers with a grain of salt until you can consistently dual wield.

I'm not sure how to calculate how often dual wield fires or if that is even considered in the real aggro calculation. Maybe it's accurate, or maybe you only get aggro when the secondary actually swings.
Last edited by Cain; 12-17-2019 at 10:10 AM..
Old 12-17-2019, 10:36 AM
Orc

You're right, fail-to-fires from DW and double attack don't aggro. But by the time most tanks have access to decent proccing weapons, they've leveled up their DW skill enough that FTFs are pretty rare, so it's an acceptable inaccuracy. DoT ticks are another factor that are difficult to account for precisely.
Old 12-18-2019, 02:52 PM
Skeleton

Made an update here to break out the aggro generated by melee vs procs.

Some people care more about the short-term aggro generated by melee for grouping situations, without counting on procs. Others care about the combination for long-term aggro on larger named enemies. Now you can clearly see both.
Old 12-19-2019, 09:41 AM
Skeleton

I now color code the results so that you can easily see where the highest aggro is generated.
Old 12-19-2019, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

I think that weapons the proc buffs only have 50% chance or something to actually generate any hate at all. might be why thing like the warrior only axe that casts berserk or whatever doesn't generate as much as people think it would
Old 12-19-2019, 07:20 PM
Fire Giant

some hilarious and glaring mistakes. Please refrain from posting shit like this.
Closed Thread