Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

A good English breakfast tea is the best tea, having tried a bunch and just not enjoying them as much. I grew up on PG Tips, my parents both drank it and my dad had me making cups of tea for him all the time from about the age of 8-9 so I got good pretty early at knowing about strength and why too much milk makes for a very sad cup of tea [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But yeah, import some PG Tips (@America/Canada)...try it, its still the best I've had (better than anything by Twinings), oh and dont forget to pay your tax on it this time <3
Old 08-22-2017, 02:13 PM
Banned

I love tea. I love green tea and oolong teas, in particular. My favorite oolong tea is monkey-picked Tieguanyin (Iron Goddess of Mercy). I have a special yixing clay pot which I have cured over 2 years using this one particular leaf.

pras et
Old 08-23-2017, 04:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a special yixing clay pot which I have cured over 2 years using this one particular leaf.
Way to go !
Catastilye - Gnome Necro - 4
Sabany - Half-Elf Warrior - 8 - < Auld Lang Syne >
Aaemo - Erudite Shadow Knight - 6 - < Auld Lang Syne >
Borbama - Troll Shaman - 2
Keibrariza - Iksar Warrior - 4 < Auld Lang Syne >
Old 08-23-2017, 12:14 PM
Fire Giant

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A good English breakfast tea is the best tea, having tried a bunch and just not enjoying them as much. I grew up on PG Tips, my parents both drank it and my dad had me making cups of tea for him all the time from about the age of 8-9 so I got good pretty early at knowing about strength and why too much milk makes for a very sad cup of tea [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But yeah, import some PG Tips (@America/Canada)...try it, its still the best I've had (better than anything by Twinings), oh and dont forget to pay your tax on it this time <3
lol ^o^

some of the stuff that I have is Twinnings :3 i will see if I can locate any PG Tips and give it a go ^^

how much milk do you usually put in tea? I've never actually done that, but it sounds good! i try to limit dairy though because it give me headaches, so I probably will try with soy milk. soy pairs wonderfully with coffee. am curious to see how it do with tea ^^
Old 08-23-2017, 12:22 PM
Kobold

I'm a huge tea drinker I love almost all teas and the best tea I ever had was lotus blossom tea I cannot remember what brand it was but it was amazing.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelonpai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how much milk do you usually put in tea? I've never actually done that, but it sounds good! i try to limit dairy though because it give me headaches, so I probably will try with soy milk. soy pairs wonderfully with coffee. am curious to see how it do with tea ^^
NO MILK !!!!!
Catastilye - Gnome Necro - 4
Sabany - Half-Elf Warrior - 8 - < Auld Lang Syne >
Aaemo - Erudite Shadow Knight - 6 - < Auld Lang Syne >
Borbama - Troll Shaman - 2
Keibrariza - Iksar Warrior - 4 < Auld Lang Syne >
Old 08-24-2017, 12:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love tea. I love green tea and oolong teas, in particular. My favorite oolong tea is monkey-picked Tieguanyin (Iron Goddess of Mercy). I have a special yixing clay pot which I have cured over 2 years using this one particular leaf.

pras et
This right here. Hopefully you made sure to get a lead-free yixing pot. A lot of the cheaper pots are not. You have to pay a pretty penny for a decent lead-free hand-crafted pot. Oolongs are my favorite Chinese tea. If I want something stronger, I'll pull out a Puer cake. We had a great place called Seven Cups in Denver up until a few years ago that imported the Chinese teas directly from several growers. Now I think they only have a shop in Tucson.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:11 PM
Banned

Milk in tea?! no no never except chai [that needs milk and sugar (but it's hardly "tea" at that point, might as well be a starbucks drink)].

I like jasmine and genmaicha, and spearmint :3

also, english and irish breakfast both taste like socks to me. am I the only one?
Last edited by hyejin; 08-24-2017 at 01:14 PM..
Old 08-25-2017, 08:46 AM
Fire Giant

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyejin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Milk in tea?! no no never except chai [that needs milk and sugar (but it's hardly "tea" at that point, might as well be a starbucks drink)].

I like jasmine and genmaicha, and spearmint :3

also, english and irish breakfast both taste like socks to me. am I the only one?
omgosh lol a sock!? you too cute ^o^

have you ever done milk though? i not tried it, but I know it popular with the English (or at least that a image i always had) and as far as koucha go, it actually pretty popular in japan too :3
Old 08-25-2017, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

This thread went full snob

I'll drink tea-flavored water product out of a plastic bottle from walmart and like it

Don't do to tea what they did to wine and steak. fuckers
Closed Thread